Wiki Posts
Search

New Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Enthusiast

Hi to all!

Use to race but left the hobby. Picked up an MBX6R yesterday from a guy who is leaving the hobby. Meticulous owner who took care of his things. Very well looked after buggy, with a few spares and plenty of tools and accessories.

It has:
Navarossi Motor, manifold pipe & and exhaust.
12kg TG Savox servos (Steering & Throttle)
Aluminium Hop ups, all over (Except front chassis arm, for chassis flex)
New set of Proline tires
NiMH1500mah 6v flat pack

The radio is a Airtronic M11X with a NiMH 1500mah 6v flat pack aswell

The body is a bit beat up so will be replacing that soon, still pondering on paint options.

The package did not come with a charger but I managed to get a Swallow AC/DC for the time being. Placed both packs on 0.5a charge and it charged for like 5 minutes and said it was done Plugged them into the car and radio, didn't even last 5 minutes. Thought the packs were done for but did some research and turns out they need a couple of cycles to recondition it. Will give it a go tonight and hope for the best.

Other than that, got back into the scene as my dad was intrigued by it and thought it would be a good way for us to spend some time together. We got him a JQ Yellow with DSX3 remote. It came with a few spare parts and some accessories.

Can't wait to get to the track and start ripping it up