Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revo 3.3 2nd gear ratio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Revo 3.3 2nd gear ratio question

Does the Revo 3.3 come with the standard or wide ratio 2nd gears?

I think the Revo 2.5 came with standard 2nd gear and the Revo 3.3 comes with wide ratio 2nd gears.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

From what I can remember the 3.3 had the wide ratio 2nd gear, been a few years since I had My Revo 3.3 though, should be some info about it on the Traxxas website/forum I would think.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the answer. I checked Traxxas first and found no answer. The parts diagram shows all 3 sets of gears available, but does not show which comes with the truck.

If you know of a link, please post it.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

If you search google for "traxxas forum" you should be able to find it, I won't have anymore Traxxas cars so don't use the forum now but there were a fair few people on it. Have you tried the monster truck section on this rc tech forum, probably a few people in that section would know about it. Same with facebook if you use that, theres a fair few traxxas groups/pages on there, someone somewhere will have the right answer.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

What's wrong with traxxas
Old 07-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gman1215
What's wrong with traxxas
After my brother & I had one each we both went back to 1/8 nitro buggies.
I just found that for the high cost of them, the parts should of been better quality & gears etc should of been steel. Plastic parts just got to much wear to quick & arms would break too easy.
Both our Revo 3.3's were very well looked after, never jumped very high, no big crashes, both checked & cleaned very well after each use but still the plastic parts like drive shafts would wear pretty quick & after only a month they all had slop in the uni's, arms would break easily (I should have got RPM arms), the engine always needed re-tuning & wouldn't hold a tune either. (I don't have that problem with other engines in the buggies).
Maybe we both got faulty products but I doubt it, our 1/8 buggies are still perfect after more use & bigger crashes.
I just think Traxxas should be making better quality components if they are going to have a high price on products.
I replaced my 3.3 engine after less than 10 litre's of fuel because bearings were making noise & about to fail, replaced with an O.S TM.21 engine, better 3 shoe clutch instead of the cheap 2 shoe & it was much better.
Sold it not long after so I didn't have to keep replacing parts.
I know Traxxas gear is popular but compared to 1/8 nitro buggies, they don't stand up very well, the buggies are better in virtually every way.
(This is just my findings & opinion though)
I will say though, when they were going well, they were good fun & would go virtually anywhere but there was just to much stuffing around with them to keep them in good shape, even when looked after.