http://www.rcnews.net/tag/rb-closes/
Old 05-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bankrupt?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The consortium they were part off is.. they want(ed) to restart but than they need money money
Mr Rody Roem the founder, stated he was going to do his real best to save the name RB and at least the engine department but..?

Last edited by speedy2; 05-29-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

That buggy killed them, and Amain not marketing it here in the states didn't help.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default RB

This sucks really liked the engines.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Not surprised, they kept raising prices eventually pricing themselves out of the economical market.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

I disagree.. Look at OS and Reds for ex. - crazy expensive, yet people buy them.. It's never been more in to buy ridiculously expensive engines. (THAT is the problem afaic..)Their engines were all good. The idea that the buggy was biting off more than they could chew makes more sense to me.. In any case, a huge shame. Meanwhile, other companies release yet more tuning parts for stupid-axx 10th scale flashlight stuff....
Old 05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

The problem is that France basically has a 100% tax rate on the middle business class.
What does that leave for the entrepenour?
Old 05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

IMHO they had too many products.
They had like 15 different engines, they should have had just two models really, one entry level one and one top level one, and been done with that.
THey had like millions of tiny little differences between each model, and none really stood out.
Then they made the Kanai engine, which in my opinion was a really sweet little engine, but lacked a little top end.. to me it just doesn't make sense to make a Kanai special engine, and then not make it the most kickass engine of the brand. That's what they should have done, made it the top of the line crazy tire-peeling must-have-engine.

Now when it comes to price, the fact is you paid OS pricing for it.
It would have needed to be slightly cheaper, less models, more distinct.

For the car - when it first came out it wasn't that good, but they were getting there, Daniel Reckward had been doing lots of development on it and the latest version was supposedly pretty good, reliable, and decently fast.
Unfortunately there are now 1,000,000 different brands trying to get in, anything from JQ to Durango, Soar Seiki, etcetera, people have a myriad to choose from, and they're all sort of semi-decent.

I just think the timing was wrong. Then they made lots of accessory products of highly questionable quality. I have to say the RB tire glue was the worst piece of shit glue I ever tried, tires come straight off the rim, rubbish, worthless. Screwdrivers weren't that great..

I just think they should have:
stuck with 2/3 engine models
made the Kanai branding count with a "sharper" version than they did
avoided making crap accessory products that taints the brand reputation
blown less money on the car project
Old 05-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sad day indeed, I pretty much got interest in 1/8th when RB S7 was the engine to have (early 2000's). Eivind pretty much got it, but I would say the buggy paid itself and it is a good buggy (Euro champ!). Regionally it was well supported and a common sight in tracks, not anymore though...

Bingo on the Kanai engine, my Sirio Kanai engines were the top Sirio engines...
Old 05-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's too bad. The WS7 II was my first nitro engine. 2004 if I remember right.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Still a big RB ad banner at the bottom of Neobuggy...
Old 06-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default rb

I ran their engines for a couple years around 2010. They didn't really innovate for a while. A lot of engines were carry over parts with new names, sharing the same part numbers as older engines. Sure carb bolts and stuff like that don't have to change, but when you start reusing piston/sleeve combos, blocks, it looks like all marketing hype.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

That's not the whole story though. They DID come out with new higher end engines - the BRX etc.. They - very sensibly IMO - reused old(yet high quality C6 for ex..) parts to make the Blasts.. This way they had a nice wide price range covered. I personally don't need a $400 engine for anything..(whether RB, Novarossi, OS, or whatever..), but was very glad to pick up some RB Fires and Blasts for good prices.

I don't know what all went wrong with them, but the point somebody made about it being the buggy which sank them makes more sense to me. Their engines were always - and still - are good..

Whatever the case, it's a shame.. It's even getting hard to find a Nova P5XLT anymore. Gotta' be a stupid - and more expensive Clio now.. Oh well, at least it's "innovative"....
Old 10-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

i dont think my club knows. our supplier has hundred of rb's in stock. wait till they hear this. our supplier "norm" probably only touches base with his supplier I assume directly rb) once or twice per year and makes huge orders. its very possible he doesn't know. he doesnt use the net much either. this will be crazy, nearly every member uses rb at our club. particularly the bx and blast Vxx series. im only a year old in rc car racing i dont know how i will find an equivalent engine for power, reliability and durability. i run an S5, but was about to get a bxr sls 5

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.