R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Suppressor tire? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/872764-suppressor-tire.html)

Taylor19army 04-17-2015 04:35 PM

Suppressor tire?

Has anyone herd how the drivers that had ran them liked them? I know at silver state some tested them out, I need to order tires just don't know what to go with yet.

stoney452 04-17-2015 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Taylor19army (Post 13965906)
Has anyone herd how the drivers that had ran them liked them? I know at silver state some tested them out, I need to order tires just don't know what to go with yet.

Are you talking about the Proline Suppressor tires mentioned in neobuggy.net today. I would say you cant get your hands on those yet because they where testing them at the race but check with your LHS or contact Proline directly via the web here is the link http://www.prolineracing.com/ check it out there is something on their site about this tire. Michael

Sein 04-17-2015 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Taylor19army (Post 13965906)

That tire is GREAT!!! A friend of mine is sponsored by Proline and he let me try out the prototype at Silver State. I'm telling you that tire is great. You'll know what I mean once you try it. Order it.

Taylor19army 04-18-2015 06:53 AM

I pre ordered 4 sets to try. They sound perfect for the conditions I run on.

Frank L 04-20-2015 06:48 PM

They look nice to me and finally they offer them in truck :cool:

Taylor19army 04-26-2015 04:34 PM

Order will be in Tuesday can't wait to see how they do.

Taylor19army 04-28-2015 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got in!

Sein 04-28-2015 03:51 PM

Nice!!

Arctic RC 05-10-2016 12:53 PM

Is this a good allround tire? I want to have only one tire design so I don't need to worry about that as well.

Stubbs 05-11-2016 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Arctic RC (Post 14525771)
Is this a good allround tire? I want to have only one tire design so I don't need to worry about that as well.

I love the Suppressors, they're definitely one of my "go to" tires. With that being said, if you run on tracks that have a lot of fluff, like more than just some dust on the edges, the Suppressor pins might be a tad short. In those conditions, the taller pins on the Lockdowns might be a better choice.

I have three treads that I use regularly....
Lockdowns - Really loose, deep loam, really fluffy tracks (which is basically the typical practice conditions, and sometimes the racing conditions on some of the club tracks here on the East coast)
Suppressors - Hard packed tracks, with some fluff, but mainly just a light to medium layer of fluff outside of the racing line. So yes, this is probably a good "all around" tires, as you asked.
Fugitives - Hard packed, high traction, minimal dust.

From those three tread patterns, I'll usually have M4, M3, X4, and X3 compounds. That covers 99% of the conditions I've seen.

My son and I plan to do more racing during the hotter parts of the summer this year, so I'll probably wind up swapping out some of the X4's for some X2's during July / August.

Arctic RC 05-11-2016 04:32 AM

Thank you Stubbs for the info.

I used dimondback last season and they were also a good tire. Do you think they will be good on tracks with alot of dust and really loose conditions? Almost like the lockdown.

Stubbs 05-11-2016 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Arctic RC (Post 14526559)
Thank you Stubbs for the info.

I used dimondback last season and they were also a good tire. Do you think they will be good on tracks with alot of dust and really loose conditions? Almost like the lockdown.

Everytime I've tried Diamondbacks on the dusty tracks locally, I haven't liked them.....that could just be my preference though. Get a set, and give them a try.

Heck, if you run white wheels, I could probably sell you one of the sets I have. Send me a PM if you'd like to talk about that more. :)

Gavel 05-11-2016 09:37 AM

If your truly after a 1 tire for any condition, blockade is probably your best bet. However by opening up to a couple of patterns youll have alot more luck. For instance a holeshot is a very quick tire, a fugitive is an excellent bluegroove tire, and a bowtie can work wonders on a rough as guts blown out track, as examples

Arctic RC 05-11-2016 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gavel (Post 14526872)
If your truly after a 1 tire for any condition, blockade is probably your best bet. However by opening up to a couple of patterns youll have alot more luck. For instance a holeshot is a very quick tire, a fugitive is an excellent bluegroove tire, and a bowtie can work wonders on a rough as guts blown out track, as examples

Great info, this is what I want to know.
I think I will buy a couple of sets of the lockdowns as well. Do you think that is a good way or is there some more patterns I should have in my bag?

All my tracks have more or less some loose dirt on it.

bash bros 05-11-2016 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Arctic RC (Post 14526986)
Great info, this is what I want to know.
I think I will buy a couple of sets of the lockdowns as well. Do you think that is a good way or is there some more patterns I should have in my bag?

All my tracks have more or less some loose dirt on it.

Lockdowns are good. Pretty good compromise between a blockade and holeshot.

Step pin treads like Calibers are another good all-around tire imo.