Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8ight-T 3.0 Tranny click on braking (front) >

8ight-T 3.0 Tranny click on braking (front)

8ight-T 3.0 Tranny click on braking (front)

Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8ight-T 3.0 Tranny click on braking (front)

I'm so close to finishing this build it's taking me forever I'm frustrated and ready to give up.

The rear brakes seem to work ok, but when i put on full brakes the front will lock up a bit but it will make clicking sound in the transmission and "give"
Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Probably the rear diff needs to be shimmed a little tighter. Are you certain it's the front? If it is add a shim to the gear side.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Okay well I found out what the problem is... And I wanted to let everyone know thats just as equally stupid as I am that may be the problem for you...

The front brake tab that pushes the brake calipers closed was facing the wrong way.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Doesnt mean youre stupid. Simple things get overlooked all the time. Last weekend i frantically ripped apart my entire radio tray because all my electronics stopped working after i ran it a bit too hard and accidentally drove through a puddle. I was looking everywhere for a place where water may have gotten to the receiver. Turns out that the battery was dead lol It just happened to die after it took a severe beating and i automatically assumed it was something drastic when all i needed to do was trouble shoot starting with the obvious stuff first.

It happens to everyone, i wouldnt
sweat it man.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I have one more stupid question..

When I roll my 8ight-T 3.0 with everything installed, there's a bunch of mechanical sound like the sound of alot of moving parts, well compared to my traxxas revo 3.3 which seems basically quiet,thsts why I ask cause the Revo is way quieter.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Possibly the diffs are meshed too close. But all three of my buggies are noisy when rolling. Its a combination of the spur gear and clutch bell and brake rotors on my buggies. As long as its rolling freely with no binding or resistance i wouldnt be too concerned, they all make a bit of noise, its normal