vision racing shock pistons? >

vision racing shock pistons?

Like Tree23Likes

vision racing shock pistons?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
Just wish I didn't have motor issues.....and it's still set up for indy so it was a little stiff
I hear you loud and clear! I just couldn't get anyone to put fuel in my car - ran out of fuel twice. Speed in the car is there, I need to get the little stuff knocked out. My VRPs feel outstanding in the car.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default VRP3H1.3V2]

I ordered these for my big bores and the shock shaft hole in the piston (2.49mm) is smaller than the shaft. (2.90mm) if I redrill the hole should I match the shaft hole or make it a snug fit?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Their pistons are car specific. If u ordered the wrong pistons, exchange them. If you're doing a custom thing because they don't make them for your car, I would contact the manufacturer for advice. Barring that, I would make the hole just large enough to fit the shaft. That's my suggestion only. I haven't experimented with drilling out the center hole.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ELAD .Z. View Post
Aight, let us know what you think about them
Ok I have 6 weeks on these pistons in my D815. 4 weeks were the final weeks of our club's track layout and it was getting rough. Prior to those 4 weeks, I had numerous weeks on the layout and my lap times were where they were going to be. These pistons were immediately worth .2 to .3 seconds a lap on an 18 second track for every one of those last 4 weeks. Very nice. The car drives through the rough stuff more smoothly and with more drive than the equivalent conventional piston which is where those tenths are coming from. Definately worth a try.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO View Post
Ok I have 6 weeks on these pistons in my D815. 4 weeks were the final weeks of our club's track layout and it was getting rough. Prior to those 4 weeks, I had numerous weeks on the layout and my lap times were where they were going to be. These pistons were immediately worth .2 to .3 seconds a lap on an 18 second track for every one of those last 4 weeks. Very nice. The car drives through the rough stuff more smoothly and with more drive than the equivalent conventional piston which is where those tenths are coming from. Definately worth a try.
Nice!
Which pistons you purchased? I got 6x1.3's that i didnt try yet..
wanna drill one set to 1.4mm and try it on the rear of my B3..
Old 10-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

I bought 1.5x5's and 1.3x6's. I replaced the conventional 1.5x5's that I had in my D815 with VRP's 1.5x5's. I haven't had a chance to test the 1.3x6's yet.

The pistons aren't going to solve your loose rear end on your B3, but they'll get you through the rough stuff a lot better. My buddy's got the same car as you and loves the pistons.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally got to test the shocks this weekend at a race. First heat track was good so I had stock Pistons in to see what they did, for the second heat I changed to the vision shock Pistons and the track was worse even dryer and I picked up 5 tenths. So for the main I left them in and now I'm a beliver in the Pistons! Car was amazing and I just pushed it harder and harder. Now it's time to put them in all my cars!
Old 10-28-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats. The VRP pistons are well worth a try cause they are relatively a cheap tuning option so I would recommend all to give it a try.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does VRP have any way to contact them? Left a message yesterday and no one has replied. I placed an order but the page froze up as soon as I hit submit, and now I have a pending transaction on my CC, but no confirmation number or confirmation email or anything.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bash bros View Post
Does VRP have any way to contact them? Left a message yesterday and no one has replied. I placed an order but the page froze up as soon as I hit submit, and now I have a pending transaction on my CC, but no confirmation number or confirmation email or anything.
Hi, could u send me yr account details and I see if I could get them to check it for u.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

In my experience it can take up to 4 days. Send another email to follow up. They'll get back to you
Old 11-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Everyone so happy with these pistons I want to switch over from the other brand I use, but in looking at the photos on a main site every piston I look at are chipped , holes out of round, just makes me wonder. Vrp might want new photos uploaded on a mains site it's caused me to hesitate.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Everyone so happy with these pistons I want to switch over from the other brand I use, but in looking at the photos on a main site every piston I look at are chipped , holes out of round, just makes me wonder. Vrp might want new photos uploaded on a mains site it's caused me to hesitate.
I just got mine the other day and they look real nice
Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
I don't get what u mean. The large photo on the main page looks perfectly fine to me. U might want to post a link in here of where is wrong and I'll check it out.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan View Post
I don't get what u mean. The large photo on the main page looks perfectly fine to me. U might want to post a link in here of where is wrong and I'll check it out.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/vrp-mugen-1-8-x-shock-piston-2-1.3mm-x-6-hole-vrp6h1.3mg/p450956

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service