Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
vision racing shock pistons? >

vision racing shock pistons?

Like Tree23Likes

vision racing shock pistons?

Reply

Old 09-05-2015, 01:37 AM
  #31  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 555
Default

Just a shout out letting you guys know about the awesome customer support vrp have.
Long story short. One very happy vrp customer. Thanks VRP.
Soapy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:08 AM
  #32  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
B3nno810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adrictan View Post
Cheers thanks for that.
B3nno810 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:36 AM
  #33  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 146
Default

Just ordered a set for my B3..
So how do you like them guys?
ELAD .Z. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 AM
  #34  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Taylor19army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I always used rebound in my set ups, should I continue or set at 0 rebound?
Taylor19army is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:13 PM
  #35  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
adrictan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,175
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Set it as u usually would and test it out on the track.
adrictan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:38 PM
  #36  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Just a shout out letting you guys know about the awesome customer support vrp have.
Long story short. One very happy vrp customer. Thanks VRP.
I'm curious if the will warranty the pistons. I had one break the other day and my track is anything but brutal. It was weird since it just snapped off a piece but was still attached to the shaft. These were the 5-1.5s for a Mbx 7r. Otherwise, i really liked them.
rfleck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:45 AM
  #37  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I tried these out on my D815 yesterday. They definately do rebound faster. We had rain two days in a row which left the track kinda slopped out most of the day. By the time the races started the track got a lot better, but it's hard for me to say right now if the pistons themselves are responsible for a lower lap time because the track was essentially a little different. However, my car did feel good with them. I really like the concept behind them. They do work as advertised (quicker rebound). I'll have a better feel for them next week as long as the track gets back to its usual self and I can compare times.
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:02 AM
  #38  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 146
Default

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO View Post
I tried these out on my D815 yesterday. They definately do rebound faster. We had rain two days in a row which left the track kinda slopped out most of the day. By the time the races started the track got a lot better, but it's hard for me to say right now if the pistons themselves are responsible for a lower lap time because the track was essentially a little different. However, my car did feel good with them. I really like the concept behind them. They do work as advertised (quicker rebound). I'll have a better feel for them next week as long as the track gets back to its usual self and I can compare times.
Aight, let us know what you think about them
ELAD .Z. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:25 PM
  #39  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have read that for Tekno you have to run a washer above and below the piston to avoid breaking the piston. Can someone please measure the washer so I know what size I need to get since the kit only comes with 2 washers.
one8updragracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:53 AM
  #40  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rfleck View Post
I'm curious if the will warranty the pistons. I had one break the other day and my track is anything but brutal. It was weird since it just snapped off a piece but was still attached to the shaft. These were the 5-1.5s for a Mbx 7r. Otherwise, i really liked them.
Me too. I broke one is half in a race that contained no special wrecks.
Winner's Circle is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 AM
  #41  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Default

email them and they will replace them.......i had one break and they sent me a new one
RockStar_199 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:03 PM
  #42  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,168
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Mark, your car looked yesterday!
Spads11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:01 PM
  #43  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Default

Just wish I didn't have motor issues.....and it's still set up for indy so it was a little stiff

Last edited by RockStar_199; 09-27-2015 at 02:54 PM.
RockStar_199 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
  #44  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The instructions say to loc-tite the nut. I've never done that with a normal piston before. Is everyone doing this? And any failures for those that didn't?
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:28 AM
  #45  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Townsville
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Loctite a nyloc nut...seems kind of redundant
Gavel is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service