Wiki Posts
Search

2015 DNC vs Silver State

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AHR43
California governor announced today a 25% reduction in water use across the board for the state in an effort to mitigate the effects of the drought. Be interesting to see how this affects the ROAR nats. Will they even be able to water the track?

'AC'
roar doesn't water the track during the day anyway..
Old 04-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All races need less class divisions across the board, not add more.

There was a comment about tire supply earlier. There's gotta be a way to handle this once the hobby shop runs out of supply of the tread pattern/compound that is the best. Maybe let the tire guys sell to the racers but either through the hobby shop or the hobby shop gets 20% of profit from direct sales. Not sure what all the numbers are and whats fair, but it sucks for guys to have to haul $1000 worth of tires to the race and only about 10% of them will even work.

Originally Posted by SEF
I have zero complaints about either RD. Kenny and Jimmy are great.

Silver State at RC Tracks is like a make over show. Track and facility went from busted to Miss Universe. And it attracted a very similar crowd as DNC this year, as well as 450 entries. If they allowed entry into any class, it probably would have been closer to 550 to 600, but I'm glad this was prohibited.

What they did need was an intermediate truggy and ebuggy class!!! I feel some people didn't want to race open truggy or ebuggy, so they dropped down to sportsman, even though they ran intermediate at DNC and did well.

Racing was insanely close at SS because the track didn't get rough until the mains. Because of this, there was some hacking and zero patience while driving. In my heats, 3rd through 9th place were separated by a few seconds during quals. The track did need a tough section to separate out the drivers from the hacks.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I was very impressed at the pace the RD kept at Silver State, usually programs always go longer than expected and its nice getting out at a decent hour. I do live in Pahrump, right outside of Vegas and driving home each night was not an issue. Track crew did a great job of keep a fair watering schedule for everyone and it seemed to hold up well, in comparison to every other S.S i have attended. Most don't realize we simply don't have the good dirt like most areas around here.

It was a nice change of layout than I'm sure most are accustom to with S.S races. No huge air and brutal rhythm sections but it was very racy, fast and fun.

Was pretty bummed vendors could not sell or even GIVE AWAY items per Track Owner, I get the on sight Hobby shop but i didn't feel it was stocked enough to turn everyone else way, especially when tires ran out.

Overall one of the best S.S races I've been too at a true world class facility, cant wait til next year.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF

DNC Cons:
  • Huge delays and nothing run on time.
  • Unlimited entries with people running any class they want. People ran both intermediate and sportsman, or pro and intermediate.
  • Sandbagging galore.
  • Looooooooooong days. Race until 3am because of delays and then back to racing 4 hours later.
  • The fun stopped after 3 days of no sleep.
  • No practice time.
  • The world class layout I mentioned is awesome, but without practice, its just huge jumps and lots of broken cars and dangerous for marshals.
  • Inconsistent watering schedule made it a guessing game as to what traction would be like and which tires to run. Inconsistent from heat to heat and round to round. But at least the traction difference isn't insanely severe.
  • Not very spectator friendly.

It's almost like Joey printed this, and followed it to a T.

The long race days did not happen this year; infact most nights were over by 9-10pm. Practice time wasn't any different, however there's not much that can be done about that with the shear amount of entries.

The layout this year was friendly to the racers in that it was easier to figure out. This also made it a lot more safe to marshal. The water schedule was better - but still not perfect. I doubt any event can make it perfect though.

They did fix the issues of people running multiple classes, so that was very nice.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
It's almost like Joey printed this, and followed it to a T.

The long race days did not happen this year; infact most nights were over by 9-10pm. Practice time wasn't any different, however there's not much that can be done about that with the shear amount of entries.

The layout this year was friendly to the racers in that it was easier to figure out. This also made it a lot more safe to marshal. The water schedule was better - but still not perfect. I doubt any event can make it perfect though.

They did fix the issues of people running multiple classes, so that was very nice.
Good to hear. I do plan on going back one year.

Last year, they cancelled a round of practice if I remember correctly because there were around 350 to 400 race day entrants.

Most races, they water after even heats in one round and then after odd heats in the following round. They do something that is consistent and predictable. But in this race, it seems like they water the track whenever the track crew wants. I felt like the traction was intentionally made better for the pros, so the track crew waters and cares for the track, so traction is best and the track is in good shape for the pros. From the looks of things, the Sportsman drivers had an awful track and it looked better for experts and pros. But this is only conjecture, and I have no idea what the track crew's plan is.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SEF
Good to hear. I do plan on going back one year.

Last year, they cancelled a round of practice if I remember correctly because there were around 350 to 400 race day entrants.

Most races, they water after even heats in one round and then after odd heats in the following round. They do something that is consistent and predictable. But in this race, it seems like they water the track whenever the track crew wants. I felt like the traction was intentionally made better for the pros, so the track crew waters and cares for the track, so traction is best and the track is in good shape for the pros. From the looks of things, the Sportsman drivers had an awful track and it looked better for experts and pros. But this is only conjecture, and I have no idea what the track crew's plan is.
This year we got two practice runs. It was also the latest night at 10pm iirc.

Water this year was not consistent. Kenny talked about why; said he has a level of moisture he wants to keep it at that level. I think this is harder because wind and the sun changed it a lot. For the pros, it wasn't any different from my perspective.

For my sportsman main, the track was absolutely thrashed. No worse than silverstate on main day imo.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:54 PM
JQ
Tech Master

just run the track dry, makes it a lot more fair, and saves a ton of time.
People still ran multiple classes.
Stop with all the different classes and give the main ones more track time.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JQ
just run the track dry, makes it a lot more fair, and saves a ton of time.
People still ran multiple classes.
Stop with all the different classes and give the main ones more track time.
Other than the guys who also ran 40+, who else ran multiple classes?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Yeah it's one thing if you are eligible to run 40+ and then want to run sportsman OR expert class as well. But to the guys that run sportsman and expert buggy just for track time....that's shady.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

A dry track is nice for guys that have a 100% tire sponsor
Old 02-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Yeah it's one thing if you are eligible to run 40+ and then want to run sportsman OR expert class as well. But to the guys that run sportsman and expert buggy just for track time....that's shady.
I was pretty sure they kept an eye on anyone trying to enter sportsman, expert and pro this year, and prevented it. I'm interested in who was able to.

If they do one age class, they may as well add a juniors class and a 16-39 class.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
A dry track is nice for guys that have a 100% tire sponsor
X3's and X2's wore like iron to me. If you tried a soft or super soft, you got what you deserved on a dry track.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

I was pretty sure they kept an eye on anyone trying to enter sportsman, expert and pro this year, and prevented it. I'm interested in who was able to.

If they do one age class, they may as well add a juniors class and a 16-39 class.
I'll be there next year if there is a no chassis sponsors / early 30's class.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I'll be there next year if there is a no chassis sponsors / early 30's class.
Yea, right. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Yea, right. I'll believe it when I see it.
If you build it they will come...(if there's a class I'll be there, but that aint happening so you wont see me, lol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.