1/8 Hauler Bag

Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Hauler Bag

Hey guys just wonder what you use to haul all your gear to and from the track? I had a Protek hauler before I had to leave the hobby for a bit. It worked great and served the purpose but I can't seem to make myself drop the $200 for another one. I spent the money last time and more than likely do it again but there is no way it's worth the $200 with shipping . Just wondering your thoughts and ideas for something different. Thanks
Old 02-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EastTxRacer View Post
Hey guys just wonder what you use to haul all your gear to and from the track? I had a Protek hauler before I had to leave the hobby for a bit. It worked great and served the purpose but I can't seem to make myself drop the $200 for another one. I spent the money last time and more than likely do it again but there is no way it's worth the $200 with shipping . Just wondering your thoughts and ideas for something different. Thanks
Wing tote makes a hauler bag you can catch on sale for $160. Especially days like today when online sites run 10% off for presidents day. Great bag for the price.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use a fox dirt bike gear bag. It was $69 and can fit my buggy and truggy inside plus tries and such. I still bought two one for each vehicle.

http://www.amazon.com/FOX-PODIUM-180.../dp/B005FF6SRE
Old 02-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Another vote for a motocross gear bag. I'm using an MSR that I got for $80. I like it much better than the hauler bag I had before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=msr+...24618346718584
Old 02-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have had protek bags and I ended up with a proline roller bag, I like it a lot and it has held up well. It has the usual 2 barge drawers and 2 small drawers, there's a pouch on top for wrenches and it walls well, the wheels are wide rollers.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

I've seen almost every hauler made and IMO the wingtote is the best in terms of functionality and construction. That being said, it seems too small for 1/8th scale. Perhaps I'm a bit of an over packer, but it would work perfect for me for 1/10 definitely not 1/8th.

Take a look at Randy Pike's blog on packing for DNC. I have been using the same Plano cases for about a year. I came across them because I needed something I could slide in and out of my jeep without unzipping the softtop(first world problems I know ahahah).

Racing buggy and ebuggy I'm able to fit everything I need in three boxes. One for the buggies starter box and other things. One for tires, and one for pit table stuff (tools chargers cleaning fluids, car stands, etc). They stack well and roll... and only cost about $40 hard to beat.

I would recommend Randy's wheel mod. The stock wheels are noise and a weak point if you drop the full case directly on them.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks guys.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phillypete View Post
I've seen almost every hauler made and IMO the wingtote is the best in terms of functionality and construction. That being said, it seems too small for 1/8th scale. Perhaps I'm a bit of an over packer, but it would work perfect for me for 1/10 definitely not 1/8th.

Take a look at Randy Pike's blog on packing for DNC. I have been using the same Plano cases for about a year. I came across them because I needed something I could slide in and out of my jeep without unzipping the softtop(first world problems I know ahahah).

Racing buggy and ebuggy I'm able to fit everything I need in three boxes. One for the buggies starter box and other things. One for tires, and one for pit table stuff (tools chargers cleaning fluids, car stands, etc). They stack well and roll... and only cost about $40 hard to beat.

I would recommend Randy's wheel mod. The stock wheels are noise and a weak point if you drop the full case directly on them.
The Plano Box does look like a good option for travelling but it'll involve breaking down yr stuff into cardboard boxes and case. And when u're on the track, yr box will be on the ground rather than on the table like a typical hauler. Hmm...

Last edited by adrictan; 02-21-2015 at 07:35 AM.