Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian Swanson
  • 1 Post By Troubles Dad

Ofna jammin crt.5?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up Ofna jammin crt.5?

Anyone still run the ofna jammin crt.5? I've been trying to install a 3.3 in mine and have ran into problems

Last edited by illmatic94; 01-20-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Error
Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeah I have like three crt.5..one NIB and one built out of spare parts and one that I run..with a Jammin .12..I bought and ran an OS 18tz bumpstart motor..and weighted front end down and it still pulled wheelies and was insane...what kind of troubles are you having with the 3.3 motor ur trying to put in ur crt.5?? Thats alot of motor for that little truggy....I thought the 18tz was nutx couldn't imagine ur 3.3..good luck man
Brian
Boostedjpitt likes this.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Swanson View Post
yeah I have like three crt.5..one NIB and one built out of spare parts and one that I run..with a Jammin .12..I bought and ran an OS 18tz bumpstart motor..and weighted front end down and it still pulled wheelies and was insane...what kind of troubles are you having with the 3.3 motor ur trying to put in ur crt.5?? Thats alot of motor for that little truggy....I thought the 18tz was nutx couldn't imagine ur 3.3..good luck man
Brian
I had the engine in there in the beging. Well it seems the trx engines a stupid and use super small clutch assembly. So the clutch set up is just a few millimeters from reaching the spur. And if I try to adjust the engine foward on the mount, the back plate touches
Old 01-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Swanson View Post
Brian
Anything man?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by illmatic94 View Post
Anything man?
Please help?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Bump
Old 01-25-2015, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the back plate touches what?...I had a 3.3 in mine a while back now it has a BB .28 in it.I can't remember how it was mounted. It might have been on different mounts.The BB mounts I have on it now I had to re drill the chassis.The 3.3 was faster than The BB.I'll look and see if I can figure it out again.PM me if I forget to get back here.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by streetfreek View Post
the back plate touches what?...I had a 3.3 in mine a while back now it has a BB .28 in it.I can't remember how it was mounted. It might have been on different mounts.The BB mounts I have on it now I had to re drill the chassis.The 3.3 was faster than The BB.I'll look and see if I can figure it out again.PM me if I forget to get back here.
I messages you
Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)

I would think if your having issues with it touching the back plate, I guess I would recommend grinding off some of the chassis at the "touch" point as that should get you closer, I had mocked up a v-spec for one of my crt.5 as was going to make it a shelf queen, but chose to use a o.s. tz instead, I also think I am up to 6 or 7 of them little trucks, some stock, some stupid and some with only 1 purpose in life, as converted a few of them over to brushless and now its all about making them faster
Boostedjpitt likes this.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
I would think if your having issues with it touching the back plate, I guess I would recommend grinding off some of the chassis at the "touch" point as that should get you closer, I had mocked up a v-spec for one of my crt.5 as was going to make it a shelf queen, but chose to use a o.s. tz instead, I also think I am up to 6 or 7 of them little trucks, some stock, some stupid and some with only 1 purpose in life, as converted a few of them over to brushless and now its all about making them faster
Cool thanks , that was my first though but I wanted to keep that as a last option. I saw 1 guy though google who did it and I figured it would fit. Maybe I shoulda kept my 18tz
Old 01-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Yep he said it...now I totally remember you have to grind out the hole that the fly wheel sits in on the front end.and I believe I had to mod the inside mount somehow....Like I said if I find the mounts you can have them....
Old 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by streetfreek View Post
Yep he said it...now I totally remember you have to grind out the hole that the fly wheel sits in on the front end.and I believe I had to mod the inside mount somehow....Like I said if I find the mounts you can have them....
Thanks I did end up grinding the engine mount down a lot to fit it. Does anyone know good exhausts for the 3.3?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

The CRT pipe works perfectly with the 3.3 the trinity pipe works very well with it also.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sell your crt.5

anybody want to sell there’s ? 803-207-4081