Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Out of tune Dynamite .21 >

Out of tune Dynamite .21

Out of tune Dynamite .21

Old 12-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Out of tune Dynamite .21

I have a Dynamite 21xp that the carb is out of adjustment on, I can not get it to idle correct. It starts fine and will idle, when the engine is warmed up it idles up and will idle down for a few of seconds. The enging is not new I have had it for a little while with good pinch, not sure how much fuel has been thru it bought it used. It runs good with no problem other than the idle. I have been running R/C cars for a while, the car ran fine until it was loaned out to race. It has been a while sence I have to tune a R/C enging and I think I am just looking over something.
thanks for any help....
Old 12-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you post a better description of what it is doing, we might be able to help you. IF you when you rev it up and release the throttle, the idle rises and then drops the low end is most likely rich, If it is starving for fuel and popping when you let off the throttle it is too lean. This is assuming the engine has good compression and is overall in good shape.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

The engine is in great shape, good pinch and runs good. When the engine is warmed up
I can rev it up and it won't idle down unless I hit the break on the radio.
I know the idle screw on the carburator is adjusted correctly and the trim on the radio
I think is correct. Top end is close. On the track it will stay idled up for a few seconds
unless you give it a little break
Old 12-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Reset carb needles to flush & re-tune, set idle gap to between .5-.7mm, warm engine properly & use the LSN to get the idle correct, lean to raise & richen to lower idle, then the low end should be ok to drive & test top end, get top end running well which would need leaning, get that right & then because the top end has been leaned a little the idle will rise slightly, re-adjust LSN for correct idle then you should be right to go. Only make very small adjustments, 1/12 of a turn or 1 hour for each adjustment.

How easy is it to turn your engine over when glow plug is out, will be able to feel if there is pinch there, although if its had a bit of use then there probably shouldn't be.
Put glow plug in & check compression by trying to turn engine over, if its easy to turn over then I would think compression is low & thats probably causing you some tuning problems.
Also check other things like clutch, fuel tank & fuel lines, air filter & filter neck & rubber seals for exhaust system.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks ozziii, I think that the problem is the LSN I could not remember the LSN settings. I am sure the top and idle are close, good clutch shoes, new gaskets on exhaust