R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ofna hyper ss or hyper 7? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/850833-ofna-hyper-ss-hyper-7-a.html)

Akrider174 12-07-2014 12:45 PM

Ofna hyper ss or hyper 7?

I own a few rc's started nitro , went electric. Now have rc8.2e fully built, traxxas Tmaxx converted electric, owned a hyper ss used and liked it and a traxxas slash 4x4. My main question I'm looking for a good durable nitro buggy 4x4 400$ and under with a good part support please help ss or 7 or other suggestions ??

ozziii 12-07-2014 01:48 PM

The Hobao Hyper 7's were a good strong buggy, been around for a fair few years now but would still make a good buggy for bashing or even some part time racing with a few upgrades. Not sure about the SS but from what I have read it seems like a good buggy.
Not sure if they are still around but the Hyper 7 PCR (Paul Coleman Racing) version was a good rtr buggy with some upgrades included.
A buggy worth looking into is the JQ Products 'THE Car" RTR, good strong buggy, goes well & customer service from JQ Products is probably the best you can get, well worth a look.

stoney452 12-07-2014 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ozziii (Post 13704124)
The Hobao Hyper 7's were a good strong buggy, been around for a fair few years now but would still make a good buggy for bashing or even some part time racing with a few upgrades. Not sure about the SS but from what I have read it seems like a good buggy.
Not sure if they are still around but the Hyper 7 PCR (Paul Coleman Racing) version was a good rtr buggy with some upgrades included.
A buggy worth looking into is the JQ Products 'THE Car" RTR, good strong buggy, goes well & customer service from JQ Products is probably the best you can get, well worth a look.

Since your talking about ofna look at the HN X3 sabre. You can buy it as RTR with engine radio and must everthing you need or get the kit for about $275.00 bucks it comes with a pipe tires wheels and no radio thats all you need your choice. I have x3 and it wicked check it out Mike

Akrider174 12-08-2014 08:07 AM

Re ss/7tq

Good info there guys thanks I'll look into those cars as well I can get the 7tq rtr for 279$ or ss for 349$

8KCAB 12-08-2014 03:15 PM

I'll add a vote for the Sabre. Picked one up last month and have been having a blast with it. The .28 was super quick and easy to break in. Went through the whole buggy when I got it and only one nut (upper shock mount) was loose.

Added some oil to the diffs and it drives great with out of the box settings.

Akrider174 12-08-2014 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 8KCAB (Post 13706794)
I'll add a vote for the Sabre. Picked one up last month and have been having a blast with it. The .28 was super quick and easy to break in. Went through the whole buggy when I got it and only one nut (upper shock mount) was loose.

Added some oil to the diffs and it drives great with out of the box settings.

So what's the difference between saber and hyper 7 then if anything?

Coopz 12-08-2014 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Akrider174 (Post 13706923)
So what's the difference between saber and hyper 7 then if anything?

Sabre is made by Hong Nor and the Hypers are made by Hobao, both companies are separate they are just distributed by Ofna in the states, they are completely different buggies.

ozziii 12-08-2014 05:21 PM

They are 2 complete different brands of car so not to much would be the same, the HN buggies were meant to be alright though from what I've read but I've never had one, had the Hobao Hyper 7 PCR though & that buggy was pretty strong, other Hyper 7's I seen at the track all seemed to go well & rarely broke anything.
Thunder Tiger is also another decent but cheaper buggy, the EB-4 S2.5 & S3 I think they are called, worth checking out.

Akrider174 12-08-2014 05:34 PM

X3 sabre

Ok guys yall got me hooked on the x3 sabre it really looks like a great build but question? I found the rtr x3 for 369$ ofna website has a pro kit, but I cannot find it for sale and is it any better than the rtr ? The rtr has some great attributes plz help I'm stuck lol

ozziii 12-08-2014 06:09 PM

Normally a build it yourself pro kit will have some better quality parts & more adjustment options like kick up, anti-squat, rear toe etc, but no engine, radio, servo's etc.

Akrider174 12-08-2014 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ozziii (Post 13707211)
Normally a build it yourself pro kit will have some better quality parts & more adjustment options like kick up, anti-squat, rear toe etc, but no engine, radio, servo's etc.

Found the pro kit for 275 on sale nitrohouse.com it never did say no motor or anything but I know all kits come with nothing so rtr it is only differecs aluminum vs cnc and chassie really the rtr looks like a great build thanks for all the info guys

RCBustard 12-09-2014 06:40 AM

I was in the same boat and went with the jq rtr. Its really solid.