Wiki Posts
Search

Indy RC World

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Indy RC World

looking at making the journey down to Garland on Tuesday and see if I can't get this nitro buggy lit off and running. Won't BS anybody I could sure use some experience to look things over help me get the servos right, crap like that.

Hoping the hobby shop will have my final items needed. Starter box, fuel bottle, glow plug igniter, receiver pack. Like to spend a little money at indy and support the shop as well as get their input.

I have no clue what I am doing (well I have a clue) but no actual experience at it.

If not I will break out the 8e and get some practice in anyway. Any assistance would be very much appreciated and welcomed.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ssilverfz1
looking at making the journey down to Garland on Tuesday and see if I can't get this nitro buggy lit off and running. Won't BS anybody I could sure use some experience to look things over help me get the servos right, crap like that.

Hoping the hobby shop will have my final items needed. Starter box, fuel bottle, glow plug igniter, receiver pack. Like to spend a little money at indy and support the shop as well as get their input.

I have no clue what I am doing (well I have a clue) but no actual experience at it.

If not I will break out the 8e and get some practice in anyway. Any assistance would be very much appreciated and welcomed.
They should have what you need. They have a big race going on this weekend and the track should be perfect Tuesday. Let them know you need a bit of help and they will go out of their way to help you out. Great group of guys!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply. I want to learn how to do it all I just don't want to jack stuff up because of what I didn't know.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Take your time and get the starter box set and aligned perfectly, it will save you a lot of headaches down the road. Always better rich than lean when starting to tune the engine, dont worry about making big power or killer runtime, just throw down the laps and get used to things.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default Help

Also if your engine is new pre heat it to around 190-200 before you run your engine.Starter box wheel will last much longer.As well as your engine.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wouldnt worry about getting the engine pre-heated as an item that will prolong engine life. Not saying there arent benefits to pre-heating the engine but you wont find any statistical advantage doing it either. Of all the engines I've had, the only I've pre-heated during break-in was my current Picco. Dont sweat it if you dont have a heat gun or engine heater, it will still run fine and be reliable as long as it doesnt go lean for a prolonged period of time.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

I appreciate all the input can't wait to get this thing fired up and running