Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
James Racing Tires >

James Racing Tires

Like Tree46Likes

James Racing Tires

Old 01-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

A Truggy Wasper would be all that is needed but truggy tires do not sell well, so James Racing has no plans on ever releasing another truggy pattern. Buggy tires sell 100 to 1 over truggy tires, so it is wiser to invest their money in buggy molds. But IMO, they have great buggy tires already, so they need to make a Wasper Truggy tire next. And unfortunately truggy is only popular in the USA, so they don't sell well or at all in most countries.

If you want them to make it, contact them here and let them know.
http://james-racing.com/contact.asp
Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
A Truggy Wasper would be all that is needed but truggy tires do not sell well, so James Racing has no plans on ever releasing another truggy pattern. Buggy tires sell 100 to 1 over truggy tires, so it is wiser to invest their money in buggy molds. But IMO, they have great buggy tires already, so they need to make a Wasper Truggy tire next. And unfortunately truggy is only popular in the USA, so they don't sell well or at all in most countries.

If you want them to make it, contact them here and let them know.
James Racing
totally understandable. I can't speak for the others and like to talk a lot of smack online j/k.

Even with Truggy being popular only is the US, I feel like its starting to die out, or is that just me?

Also, others need to take into consideration that the truggy tires won't cost the same as the buggy tires so some might get disappointed there. Its more rubber = higher production costs naturally.

All we can do is contact them direct and let them know and hope for the best.

Thanks for the link
Old 01-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
Even with Truggy being popular only is the US, I feel like its starting to die out, or is that just me?
Last race day on the 1/8 track in my area, I was the only person to sign up for eTruggy.... there was a point last year when we had 25+ weekly entries for the class alone!
With 1/8 ROAR Nitro Nats being hosted at the local track in my area this year it seems like the vast majority of drivers are selling their electrics and picking up fresh nitro kits to prep for Nats. I was hoping this was the reason why eTruggy died off but perhaps it's a much bigger concern outside my local area?

Attendance for 1/8 dirt has also been down lately, used to see 100+ entries for regular club racing but lucky to see 25+ entries lately... even the 1/10 turf track is averaging 60+ entries on a regular basis... really weird because 1/8 used to always be more popular. We're hoping to see attendance jump back up as some world class drivers are starting to come down and get some stick time to get used to the same dirt that they'll running on for Nats later this year, presumably drawing in more folks to get to share the track with them.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Last race day on the 1/8 track in my area, I was the only person to sign up for eTruggy.... there was a point last year when we had 25+ weekly entries for the class alone!
With 1/8 ROAR Nitro Nats being hosted at the local track in my area this year it seems like the vast majority of drivers are selling their electrics and picking up fresh nitro kits to prep for Nats. I was hoping this was the reason why eTruggy died off but perhaps it's a much bigger concern outside my local area?

Attendance for 1/8 dirt has also been down lately, used to see 100+ entries for regular club racing but lucky to see 25+ entries lately... even the 1/10 turf track is averaging 60+ entries on a regular basis... really weird because 1/8 used to always be more popular. We're hoping to see attendance jump back up as some world class drivers are starting to come down and get some stick time to get used to the same dirt that they'll running on for Nats later this year, presumably drawing in more folks to get to share the track with them.
Definitely not good. I haven't been to my track in a long time, but they do have a decent turnout for eTruggy so hoping it's still the same.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post

biggest item of concern a buddy of mine had with Truggy was the cost of tires relative to life to be fast. He is pretty gung ho about RC having recently got into it and would go to lots of the regional events, but commented about the cost associated with the class, mainly tires.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
biggest item of concern a buddy of mine had with Truggy was the cost of tires relative to life to be fast. He is pretty gung ho about RC having recently got into it and would go to lots of the regional events, but commented about the cost associated with the class, mainly tires.
Understandable, but makes sense that a bigger tire = more rubber = more $$$.

Hmmm...what if this is paving the way for the return of nitro stadium truck?

One can dream lol
Old 01-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quick update, Ryan Lutz made a guest appearance to our track yesterday which helped draw in 100+ entries for a club race, it's been almost a year since we've seen numbers like this (for a club race), and we actually got 15 entries in eTruck as well as 10 entries in NitroTruck, so there is still hope
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

There is no race track in Las Vegas, but we do have a track by a local park that we go to for practice. We travel to CA for races and so far, there has been at least 1 full truggy main at every race. Nitro truggy is my main class, followed by ebuggy. I run james racing for buggy but run aka for truggy. I noticed better lap times and more consistency when running Waspers vs gridirons in buggy. Thats why i emailed james racing and put in my vote for more truggy patterns. Hopefully more racers will put in there vote as well.
Cain, Neesh and billdelong like this.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
Understandable, but makes sense that a bigger tire = more rubber = more $$$.

Hmmm...what if this is paving the way for the return of nitro stadium truck?

One can dream lol
I think the kicker with nitro stadium for dirt was always getting them to hook up versus spin out for new folks. With tracks getting more high traction and vehicles seeming to get more durable, maybe that could take off again?

Personally, the whole 4wd 1/10 Truggy stuff does interest me. Being 4wd can benefit on loose stuff, being a "Truggy", can handle more blown out tracks. seeing how some look using SCT tires instead of stadiums, I think it looks more truggy that way.

To me personally, I think that would be a class I would run, nitro or electric with the other main 1/8 track classes for me being 1/8 E and Nitro buggy.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I think the kicker with nitro stadium for dirt was always getting them to hook up versus spin out for new folks. With tracks getting more high traction and vehicles seeming to get more durable, maybe that could take off again?

Personally, the whole 4wd 1/10 Truggy stuff does interest me. Being 4wd can benefit on loose stuff, being a "Truggy", can handle more blown out tracks. seeing how some look using SCT tires instead of stadiums, I think it looks more truggy that way.

To me personally, I think that would be a class I would run, nitro or electric with the other main 1/8 track classes for me being 1/8 E and Nitro buggy.
Yea, I feel the same way. That Tekno ET410 has really caught my eye. Its ST but 4WD :-D

Come on Associated!!! Get with it!
Old 01-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

My buddy bought some of these and they seemed pretty good on his EB48.4.