R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ryan Lutz quitq Durango (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/845191-ryan-lutz-quitq-durango.html)

speedy2 11-03-2014 03:22 AM

Ryan Lutz quitq Durango

http://abload.de/img/10372762_700601513308y6rzp.jpg

In recent months I have been contemplating my career trajectory and what I want to accomplish by the end of my racing career.
I have looked at what pieces of the puzzle I feel are some of the missing links, and a big one for me is the consistent support system at races (mechanic / engineer / pit man / ext.).
As a primary catalyst, this has resulted in my decision to leave Team Durango. This was not a decision that I took lightly.
As many are aware, 4 years ago I agreed to a ’10 year deal’ with Team Durango.
Of course over those 4 years Durango ownership has changed to Hobbico.
In that change, was a change to my contract as evidence by the “Ryan Lutz resigns with Durango for another year” press release early this year.
Obviously we are not quite at that year but Durango has been gracious in their understanding, and is allowing me
to begin with my new company sooner to prepare for the upcoming season.

It was an extremely hard decision as i’m very happy with the performance of the new DNX8 buggy.
I’ve had some great results with the buggy including 3rd at the ROAR Nationals, starting 4th on the grid for the IFMAR Worlds A-main, and most recently
a win at the Byron Challenge.
I’ve seen the project through almost to its entirety, and I was very excited to see it coming to fruition.
But I feel like the next step for me and my career involves having the support package that I witness with the likes of Tessman, Cavalieri, and others who are constantly at the top.
That opportunity has presented itself to me and I’ve decided to take it.

I must give Durango and those I’ve worked with a huge thank you for the 4 years of support and camaraderie.
I want to wish them the absolute best of luck with the new platforms as I’m sure they will be very successful with them.

-Ryan Lutz-

Shane Racer 11-03-2014 03:30 AM

Good luck wherever you go Ryan. You will be a great addition to any team.

Stubbs 11-03-2014 04:19 AM

Good luck to you Ryan! You will be a valuable asset to any company!

It's unfortunate that Team Durango / Hobbico didn't provide a similar level of factory support at the events as some of the other manufacturers....

WonTonsChicken 11-03-2014 04:36 AM

Well said. Im sure the next chapter in your career/hobby will be a fun and exciting adventure. Good luck! Hope to see you sometime at the track!

TheMuffinman 11-03-2014 04:43 AM

My pick were he will end at mugen or losi or tekno

Ssilverfz1 11-03-2014 04:47 AM

Associated........do they have a true 1/8 nitro guy right now? Cav is more 1/10 oriented the team manager even said so at the worlds

JsK 11-03-2014 04:50 AM

Ryan is the "Complete Package" for any team looking for someone beyond just
another driver.

Wish you all the best Ryan.

Apco1 11-03-2014 04:54 AM

Associated seems to be the logical move.

BillyT. 11-03-2014 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ssilverfz1 (Post 13634464)
Associated........do they have a true 1/8 nitro guy right now? Cav is more 1/10 oriented the team manager even said so at the worlds

Was this before or after the guy got second?

13Maschine 11-03-2014 05:14 AM

Good luck Ryan! The Durango fans and myself will miss having you to root for as well as your great setup tips. Wherever you land I'm sure you will do well!

Cheers!

Ssilverfz1 11-03-2014 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by BillyT. (Post 13634488)
Was this before or after the guy got second?

It was before, he stated that Cav was doing a great job but that 1/8 nitro wasn't really his specialty. Either way, with Maifield gone there is an opening there. Hartson, Cav, Lutz.......................not much of a drop off if any if you ask me. Maifield is very fast but Lutz always seems to be there. I just think if his issue is team support, Associated is the best place to land and there is an opening to get the A team back to their same amount of drivers they had before Maifield left.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few drivers started inquiring about moving to the A team when Maifield left. But it makes sense to take a guy that really focuses on nitro doesn't it?

pickle311 11-03-2014 06:44 AM

Good luck Ryan and PLEASE go to Xray.

If any of you haven't ever met Ryan Lutz, make it a point to do so. Ryan is the model racer of RC. You will not meet a more open and friendly pro at the races. I've never seen anyone near that level with a better personality. Without a doubt, Ryan is the type of person you want representing your company.
No matter what he drives, I will always be pulling for Ryan to get the win.

masher81 11-03-2014 06:54 AM

He's not going to Associated, Losi, Mugen, Kyosho.

Frank L 11-03-2014 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by masher81 (Post 13634650)

Nope

Eivind E 11-03-2014 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by masher81 (Post 13634650)

Another for HB?