R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ryan Lutz quitq Durango (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/845191-ryan-lutz-quitq-durango.html)

houston 11-04-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 13638179)
Lutz signs with Green mountain Grill!
Monty Houston Furious he's not top dog anymore!
Details at 5 on Neo-Guppy

Brraaaaap, lol

smoking some big ass beef ribs right now!!!

Marz 11-04-2014 06:24 PM

I heard DuraTrax .

MX304 11-04-2014 07:40 PM

SOAR Seiki

vandalzzz 11-04-2014 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Marz (Post 13638606)
I heard DuraTrax .

Traxxas!

fastchvy 11-04-2014 09:17 PM

AMAIN

wombat 11-04-2014 09:48 PM

I think TD can drop their slogan "Serious About Racing" now...

SweetUnknown 11-04-2014 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by wombat (Post 13638921)
I think TD can drop their slogan "Serious About Racing" now...

There still serious, just about making a good car for beginners :)

manuelargentina 11-05-2014 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by SweetUnknown (Post 13638925)
There still serious, just about making a good car for beginners :)

You know....! :lol:

speedy2 11-05-2014 01:45 AM

what's the use.. everybody wants to drive the big brands

JQ 11-05-2014 03:22 AM

I would just like to clarify officially that JQRacing did not sign any of these free agent drivers. Their offers simply were not good enough. ;)

janderson78 11-05-2014 03:22 AM

Again it sounds like he wants the whole package. I think AMain has the best ability to do that and he will be the lead guy for Sworkz with maybe a Team Manager like Mr Korn (who also knows his way around the track) to assist at the races. I mean in the dollars and cents of it Hara isn't selling any buggies in the USA and where are your best profit margins? Probably the brands you own or distribute. So why not push those brands. Hara can't help anyone at a race here or at any local events. So it would be logical for AMain to work with Sworkz to get a good driver here to build upon with Mr Blair.

Just speculation.

STUBYSLAP31 11-05-2014 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by JQ (Post 13639118)
I would just like to clarify officially that JQRacing did not sign any of these free agent drivers. Their offers simply were not good enough. ;)

i knew lutz had to be a no, i dont think he would be ok NOT running truck, and you think truggy is stupid:ha:

MX304 11-05-2014 08:36 AM

Now Reno Savoya has left X Ray. Silly season is getting crazy.

Eivind E 11-05-2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by MX304 (Post 13639590)
Now Reno Savoya has left X Ray. Silly season is getting crazy.

He's signing for Hotbodies. 100% on.

Sein 11-05-2014 11:20 AM

According to Neobuggy, it's Xray or Sworks for Lutz. I'm really excited to find out who for sure.

Jaz240 11-05-2014 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sein (Post 13639882)
According to Neobuggy, it's Xray or Sworks for Lutz. I'm really excited to find out who for sure.

I would not consider "perhaps Xray or S workz" to be any type of confirmed destination. I am really curious if the behind the scenes information turns out to be true.

lilstewie 11-05-2014 11:33 AM

This is fun. . . we find out Friday, so here is to 2 1/2 more days of guessing.

Personally, I would hope he goes to HB. I thought it near impossible (with Hobbico owning the US distro) but remembered that Ty signed with the main company, and Ryan could too. I think this move, with his skills and the way he is in the pits, would instantly make HB the top in America. Hobbico would have to step up its game BIG TIME for all the parts support. . .not sure they can.

However, I think more than likely he is headed to Associated or Sworkz. If is those two, I hope it is Associated. Mr. Lutz has shown he likes a challenge (i.e. Tamiya and Durango), so it would be nice to see him with a proven company that seems close to getting their new buggy dialed. I'm afraid Sworkz would be another stumble, he would make many an Amain (pun intended) but not finish many at the top. If Hara cannot do it, I don't see how Ryan could.

He is going to be an asset wherever he lands, that is why I'd love to see HB get him. Between him, Ty and Reno (still rumored), that would be 3 continents of dominance!!! Still, I think since he is an Amain guy, you have to think Sworkz (and Amains $$$) is strong, but the being able to finish design at Associated would be great too.

Friday, Friday, Friday!!!

Eivind E 11-05-2014 11:44 AM

Someone on facebook posted some newly painted body kits for Lutz, which looked sort of like Mugen body kits.
But I don't drive Mugen so I'm not so familiar with their body kit. Is the Sworkz or Xray body very similar to the Mugen body?

Eivind E 11-05-2014 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the photo that was posted. Are these Mugen bodies? if so, mystery explained.

USMC STONE 1 11-05-2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eivind E (Post 13639940)
This is the photo that was posted. Are these Mugen bodies? if so, mystery explained.

Those are not Lutz bodies and not even done by his painter.

Jaymancd 11-05-2014 11:52 AM

Definately look like Mugen shells not sure about the other comapnies

Jaz240 11-05-2014 12:03 PM

Lets not even think Lutz's painter would give away the secret before Ryan made the announcement.

Jaymancd 11-05-2014 12:09 PM

may not have been his painter

Eivind E 11-05-2014 12:24 PM

that's true, and it could be someone else's lutz-themed body kits..

Jaymancd 11-05-2014 12:35 PM

or it could be just some random guys idea that looks like a lutz body. I am sure he is not the only one who uses pink and blue for his bodies.

madweazl 11-05-2014 12:42 PM

I dont believe Hara went to Sworks with the intent of taking the buggy straight to the podium, I think he is there to help with the future development of the buggy and subsequently put it on the podium. With two top drivers, this could really speed up the process. All just conjecture though, who knows. I'd be surprised to see him go with a manufacturer across the pond if further support is the desired end state.

Sein 11-05-2014 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 13639903)
I would not consider "perhaps Xray or S workz" to be any type of confirmed destination. I am really curious if the behind the scenes information turns out to be true.

Lol, You are trying really hard to keep this news hush hush :D Which makes it more fun to put the pieces together. That article was not the only reason I mentioned that; please let me explain:
A statement was made on the 1st page that Ryan was not going to Associated, Losi, Mugen, or Kyosho.

Originally Posted by masher81 (Post 13634650)
He's not going to Associated, Losi, Mugen, Kyosho.

That statement was confirmed by Frank who is one of your Team Drivers

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 13634677)
Nope

After Frank wrote that, you responded with this:

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 13634801)
Ryan was very upset that word got leaked a couple of months ago. Those of you who know where he is going please keep it to yourself and let Ryan make the official announcement.

Now, that could have been just a blanket statement, just stating that Ryan was angry about the leak BUT Frank quoted your statement and responded with this:

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 13636192)

So obviously Jaz you know and Frank also knows. With all the evidence on the table, that "perhaps" from Neobuggy can be a pretty solid one :D:blush::) All in all, I'm still guessing but having a lot of fun doing it.

Ssilverfz1 11-05-2014 02:09 PM

It does make perfect sense

Jaz240 11-05-2014 03:07 PM

Lol, I don't have any confirmed info. Just insider knowledge which could have been a cover scheme to throw people off. I do know that Ryan was upset that people were talking so out of respect we shut down the Underground Railroad :D
We all get official destination on Friday.

madweazl 11-05-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sein (Post 13640170)
Lol, You are trying really hard to keep this news hush hush :D Which makes it more fun to put the pieces together. That article was not the only reason I mentioned that; please let me explain:
A statement was made on the 1st page that Ryan was not going to Associated, Losi, Mugen, or Kyosho.

Now, that could have been just a blanket statement, just stating that Ryan was angry about the leak BUT Frank quoted your statement and responded with this:

So obviously Jaz you know and Frank also knows. With all the evidence on the table, that "perhaps" from Neobuggy can be a pretty solid one :D:blush::) All in all, I'm still guessing but having a lot of fun doing it.

Damn Sherlock Holmes :lol:

houston 11-05-2014 03:11 PM

fyi , thats not even the same person that paints Ryans bodies , come on :D

janderson78 11-05-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 13640291)
Lol, I don't have any confirmed info. Just insider knowledge which could have been a cover scheme to throw people off. I do know that Ryan was upset that people were talking so out of respect we shut down the Underground Railroad :D
We all get official destination on Friday.

Also Redrock started selling sworkz rather recently so I am sure you can add that to the guess work ;-)

janderson78 11-05-2014 04:10 PM

That sounds exactly like what I wrote in post number 91lmao

PFKAOG 11-05-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by PFKAOG (Post 13636132)
$5 sent to my paypal will get you in the loop

;)

houston 11-05-2014 05:10 PM

You guys r killin me ,lol

All i can say is im positive you guys will be very surprised with Ryans decision but in the end it will prove to be a beneficial situation for Ryan

Ryan is a great guy

rc racer 103 11-05-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 13640505)

All i can say is im positive you guys will be very surprised with Ryans decision but in the end it will prove to be a beneficial situation for Ryan

Ryan is a great guy

Best post of this thread !

Frank L 11-05-2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sein (Post 13640170)

The fat lady has not sang yet. You can know why you think you know and still not really know anything except what you think you know. The only one that really knows is Mr. Lutz

Jaz240 11-05-2014 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 13640825)
The fat lady has not sang yet. You can know why you think you know and still not really know anything except what you think you know. The only one that really knows is Mr. Lutz

Can you type that in I phone talk please? I don't understand it.

Boz 11-05-2014 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 13640505)

Ryan is a great guy

He is moving over to race on-road cars next year. :eek:

Ryan have you been reading this thread. Does it make you laugh?

Sein 11-05-2014 10:20 PM

Lol, I'm lovin it :) giggity giggity goo goo goo.