R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ryan Lutz quitq Durango (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/845191-ryan-lutz-quitq-durango.html)

TruggyDude91 11-03-2014 10:46 AM

I wish Ryan the best with whatever company he decides to sign with next. He is very helpful and probably the nicest guy in RC. But, I do think that Team Associated is the way to go for him and here's why. Team Associated has what Ryan felt his current chassis sponsor lacks: 1/8th scale and 1/10 scale support both nitro and electric. Team Associated has a great support team at the races similar to that of TLR. Ryan races both 1/8th scale nitro and 1/10th scale electric which some companies only offer one, but not the other. Mugen and Tekno do not have a foot in 1/10th scale with the exception of Tekno having a SCT. But mainly he would have to run another chassis in order to race 1/10th scale. This is similar to Ty Tessmann who runs TLR vehicles for the models of 1/10th scale that HB does not produce. Now that Maifield left the family, AE is probably looking for someone to fill the void/position and it would be smart for AE to sign Lutz. He is the ultimate package. I don't think he would go with TLR because their stables are pretty well packed right now. Kyosho, no, he ran Kyosho for a little while back in the day, but went to Tamiya. But I could be wrong, but this is what I speculate will happen. Hopefully something surfaces soon.

BillyT. 11-03-2014 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ctsvls2 (Post 13635175)
I read the article a little differently than you do... I see it more as him wanting a budget to be able to take a support team with him, not necessarily a bigger race team of drivers. If that makes sense....

I can see that... It could go either way... having a huge team with car engineers and other pros on site(big 5), or just having a small team dedicated to his performance(Sworkz)....

Interested to see where he goes and how it does for his racing. Lots of local guys have said Durango has been holding him back for a while... Fastest(one of) car in 2012 Worlds and broke. And diff issues in 2014...

BillyT. 11-03-2014 11:01 AM

If Kyosho won't pay DR, I don't think they would pay Lutz... HB is a long shot...

I think Mugen, or AE... But SWorkz could be a dark horse...

masher81 11-03-2014 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91 (Post 13635178)
. This is similar to Ty Tessmann who runs TLR vehicles for the models of 1/10th scale that HB does not produce.

What TLR cars has Ty ran?

masher81 11-03-2014 11:32 AM

I am really surprised that people keep suggesting Associated. I have seen interviews where Ryan says that 1:8 nitro is his favorite class. Didn't RM leave (accroding the Rctech posters) because the Associated car sucked?

-R2- 11-03-2014 11:33 AM

Yo, Lutz

What ever you driver for your next chapter it will always look good in your hands, when you drove truggies at Rev on full tilt it was badass to see. Buggies got you to work a little more but you got the finesse for it and started to make your drive to the front and challenge all the time. Now I see you can make things go in the right direction just with little support you had, doing it mostly yourself from what I have seen. So I have to say you are the man, A SUPER DUPER TURNMARSHALL and a VERY TALENTED DRIVER. I wish Durango could have got the car right the first time and you and the company would be there but hopefully this next group you head for is a team that can work with you and you can be there to help your fellow team mates challenge them selves. Future team mates open your arms because you have one of the best drivers on your team.

Good Luck Ryan to and your familia,
Dj OFNA

Eivind E 11-03-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ctsvls2 (Post 13635175)
I assume Sworkz spent a pretty penny on Hara! What happened to him at the worlds?

Car didn't perform. Then a few weeks later he was racing touring cars and easily making the worlds top 10..

Basicly if a car can't go fast with Hara driving and wrenching it, how can it ever go fast?
Rewind two years and the guy was on the podium at the worlds with the HB.

Seems fairly clear that once you reach that top level like Hara and other competing drivers, the car can either be an aid to performance or a hindrance. Us mere mortals won't ever know, but it seems fairly obvious the HB was a lot faster for him than the Sworkz was ;)

30Tooth 11-03-2014 12:21 PM

Good luck with whatever team you choose Ryan.
Isn't Hara an A-Main Hobbies sponsored driver? *google*
Carry on...

Ssilverfz1 11-03-2014 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by masher81 (Post 13635270)
I am really surprised that people keep suggesting Associated. I have seen interviews where Ryan says that 1:8 nitro is his favorite class. Didn't RM leave (accroding the Rctech posters) because the Associated car sucked?

The prototype they ran at the worlds did quite well and what better way to introduce a new 1/8 car than with one of the top nitro drivers........but somebody else who seems to be in the know suggested this won't happen.

Tekno could be a very good fit and I have read some posts with tekno stating they would have a big presence at the 2016 worlds when a lot of their customers wondered why there weren't any at the 2014 worlds. They do have both buggy and truggy as well

Apco1 11-03-2014 12:43 PM

But Tekno has no 10th scale program outside of 4x4 sc, which isn't exactly huge anymore.

masher81 11-03-2014 01:26 PM

I don't know Ryan... but when you read his race reports and listen to his interviews.. I don't know that he cares much for 10th scale.

30Tooth 11-03-2014 01:36 PM

Right, Lutz started racing 1/10th because of Durango, don't remember him racing any 1/10th vehicle when he raced for Tamiya.
More info

wombat 11-03-2014 01:51 PM

TD said they're winding up their pro race team outfit - what happens to the likes of Jorn, Travis and Doughty (although I think Doughty actually works for TD not just as a driver)? Seems everything went a little skewed/quiet on the pro front when Hobbico took over....

Best of luck to Lutz - has helped me out numerous times via email for various things over the years. Such a shame to see him leave TD after all the work he has put in for them.

Will be a great asset to whichever company he goes with - a great ambassador for the hobby

hairymuffin 11-03-2014 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by masher81 (Post 13635261)
What TLR cars has Ty ran?

22sct at roar nats

janderson78 11-03-2014 04:52 PM

I think it will be some sort of combo between AMain/Sworkz. And I believe Mr Korn said they signed a top US driver who,

A. Has not been announced or
B. Contract didn't work out and they let it die