R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ryan Lutz quitq Durango (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/845191-ryan-lutz-quitq-durango.html)

Wildcat1971 11-07-2014 07:15 AM

In either case, I am looking forward to the next Nitro Worlds. Everyone said Tekno was not represented at the Worlds because they didnt have a driver...Now they do.

ehartman_49348 11-07-2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13643613)
In either case, I am looking forward to the next Nitro Worlds. Everyone said Tekno was not represented at the Worlds because they didnt have a driver...Now they do.

Now they actually have more than one.... They have Joe Bornhorst, who will certainly qualify for the Worlds.

thommi 11-07-2014 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ssilverfz1 (Post 13643343)
Well put, I have not been fortunate enough to have met Ryan Lutz yet, and he still took the time to answer a PM I sent him and gave me an honest answer. Then apologized that it took a few days to answer and offered up his email as a better contact.

A lot of the "fast guys" with badges of honor at the bottom of their signatures could learn a lot from how Ryan Lutz carries himself in this HOBBY/sport.

Tekno just made their way to the top steps of the podium. Signing Ryan Lutz with proper support and cars that already have a reputation for being extremely durable.......going to be a fun year.

completely agree that Ryan is an exceptional person in our sport. I talk to him on a regular basis and met him personally. Ryan, and a number of other Pros, do have what makes the difference between being a fast driver and becoming an Idol. It's not just speed that makes you the guy to remember and cheer for. It's personality plus the speed. Ryan is definitly very very high up on the idol list with his open minded, helpful and suportive style. He is up there with Adam Drake, who maybe a bit on the quiet side sometimes, but helping you with whatever you need. I am looking forward to next season, and I am sure Ryan will be sucessful with Tekno.

AHR43 11-07-2014 11:45 AM

Best of luck to 'The Lutzinator' as he makes the move to Tekno.

Hate to see Durango make the decision to leave 'pro' racing. This hobby needs all the support it can get. Be it from the grassroots level or the pro level. Perhaps Durango tried to take too big a bite of the apple too soon? Now they need time to re-group. Perhaps along the way grow and progress their own future drivers from the ranks of the grassroots?

See today on another website that Durango released another driver and engineer.

chris3829 11-07-2014 11:52 AM

Good Luck Ryan!!!!---braaap

speedy2 11-07-2014 01:21 PM

Jörn Neumann, amezcusa and Gerd Strenge away too..
makes you wonder, who is left to make any good cars at durango
and if the buggy will come and be developed at all ?.. suicide

DRCRacer299 11-07-2014 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by speedy2 (Post 13644219)
Jörn Neumann, amezcusa and Gerd Strenge away too..
makes you wonder, who is left to make any good cars at durango
and if the buggy will come and be developed at all ?.. suicide

Who said Travis is leaving???

TRF415boy 11-07-2014 01:45 PM

And who said there isn't anyone to design cars?

Drivers and designers - not the same thing.

Designers make cars, drivers drive.

DRCRacer299 11-07-2014 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TRF415boy (Post 13644264)
And who said there isn't anyone to design cars?

Drivers and designers - not the same thing.

Designers make cars, drivers drive.

*Some Drivers do more than drive...

CoryD 11-07-2014 02:31 PM

Will Nitro Challenge be your first big race with the Tekno Ryan?

TRF415boy 11-07-2014 02:32 PM

It's true, you're a great ambassador to the sport. A great guy on and off the track.

But my comment was about designing a car.

There is no need for a pro driver in a team to design a fast car. It can be a plus but that also depends on the driver's feedback.

Proof of this is Tekno. They didn't have a pro driver yet you have just stated that the cars are fast.

There is no reason why Tekno would be a lone case, wouldn't you agree?

In fact there are many other examples in the industry.

The order is first a designer makes a good car, then a driver shows how good it is. Not the other way round.

Good luck in your new endeavours anyway, I hope it goes well for you.

JsK 11-07-2014 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by TRF415boy (Post 13644347)
It's true, you're a great ambassador to the sport. A great guy on and off the track.

But my comment was about designing a car.

There is no need for a pro driver in a team to design a fast car. It can be a plus but that also depends on the driver's feedback.

Proof of this is Tekno. They didn't have a pro driver yet you have just stated that the cars are fast.

There is no reason why Tekno would be a lone case, wouldn't you agree?

In fact there are many other examples in the industry.

The order is first a designer makes a good car, then a driver shows how good it is. Not the other way round.

Good luck in your new endeavours anyway, I hope it goes well for you.

Actually there are several fast drivers that tekno used for feedback when they designed the car, ryan and his expertise is simply the next logical step in that evolution. He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge that will be invaluable to the team. The d812 is what it is today because of Ty's imput. The RC8 prototype failed because the Ryan's and Alton hated other.

Torrance once said in a post he has to have driver feedback to effectively design.

Silo 11-07-2014 04:08 PM

It's called R&D not D&R...

No one can research better than a skilled racer able to push the car to it's limits and find it's weak-points.

1evo RRR Driver 11-07-2014 04:53 PM

Goodluck Ryan ............ Do TEKNO proud! Can't wait to see you rippin up a track with the new ride n the support you deserve! (Dueces)

madweazl 11-07-2014 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299 (Post 13644275)
*Some Drivers do more than drive...

Big understatement! Cant wait to see you and Tekno blossom into a dominate force in the industry.