Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

Mugen MBX7R

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX7R
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The scary part is some of their pats cost more than Mugen, example center uni's

I would like to try the new diffs from Mugen, just not sure if I would feel the difference that the $150 price tag for all 3. Anybody have any hard proof? Ran laps with timing with regular diffs and the installed the HT diffs and ran laps with timing to compare? With Tom1974 explanation above it can be a little confusing without hard knowledge as I already run those same oils with standard diffs.

Maybe its just me, but I think the Mugen diffs are some of the best in the business. Knock on wood never have had a 7 or 7r diff leak.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

o-ring seem to be making problems in the ht diffs.
oring pressures the shim and the sun gear, local german blog and shop owner a.offner reported here about this:
Mugen HT Differentiale - Nur heiße Luft... ? Modellbau Offner

solution >> heatgun on the oring to let this shrunk a small amount.
they were in contact with adam drake about this.

so this may be the reason why some reports new diffs are harder to drive... ?!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

looks like a blinged out mb7r,hmmmm .
beidle99 and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What wing was Maifield using on his buggy at the SilverState race?
Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
What wing was Maifield using on his buggy at the SilverState race?
AE, with a Hot Bodies wing mount
BermyDomRepRC and statton iv like this.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gt racing
oring pressures the shim and the sun gear, local german blog and shop owner a.offner reported here about this:

The tbr shim help you with new differential 😉
Old 03-28-2017, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beidle99
I would like to try the new diffs from Mugen, just not sure if I would feel the difference that the $150 price tag for all 3. Anybody have any hard proof? Ran laps with timing with regular diffs and the installed the HT diffs and ran laps with timing to compare? With Tom1974 explanation above it can be a little confusing without hard knowledge as I already run those same oils with standard diffs.

Maybe its just me, but I think the Mugen diffs are some of the best in the business. Knock on wood never have had a 7 or 7r diff leak.
Originally Posted by gt racing

Im not going to switch in any of my cars, as stated, nothing wrong with the Original items. I am not even willing to try them! If the next platform (who knows what "MBX7R Pro Spec or MBX8") comes with them, then ok, but I am not wasting my money on a part that I have no issues with. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That money is better spent elsewhere!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Im not going to switch in any of my cars, as stated, nothing wrong with the Original items. I am not even willing to try them! If the next platform (who knows what "MBX7R Pro Spec or MBX8") comes with them, then ok, but I am not wasting my money on a part that I have no issues with. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That money is better spent elsewhere!
I feel the same way if they release a Prospec kit with them I will buy the kit. I like my car the way it is at the moment.
gt racing likes this.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

They should just include them in the kit as a running change...
Old 04-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry this sounds kind of bitchy but I just built a new kit that's never seen the track, already switched to center unis and thought I was good but now Maifeld is running the old CVAs on all four corners, plus there are the brand new HD diffs which is something else to add. I'm really up in the air about the HD diffs right now. I really want to get some time on the standard diffs to see how things feel but will probably switch to HD in a month or two. More immediately I'm wondering if it's really worth switching to the CVAs out to the wheels. Didn't they switch to the unis because they are supposed to be smoother and create less bind in the drivetrain? However, I seem to remember a pro video talking about the bind in the CVAs creating more traction. Thoughts anyone?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dmartin
Sorry this sounds kind of bitchy but I just built a new kit that's never seen the track, already switched to center unis and thought I was good but now Maifeld is running the old CVAs on all four corners, plus there are the brand new HD diffs which is something else to add. I'm really up in the air about the HD diffs right now. I really want to get some time on the standard diffs to see how things feel but will probably switch to HD in a month or two. More immediately I'm wondering if it's really worth switching to the CVAs out to the wheels. Didn't they switch to the unis because they are supposed to be smoother and create less bind in the drivetrain? However, I seem to remember a pro video talking about the bind in the CVAs creating more traction. Thoughts anyone?
The Car is great out of the box as is drive it like that first you will like it dont worry about cvas those guys are pros and are looking for every advantage possible HT diffs if you want them in a month or so get them I dont have them been running same kit since 2014 and my car still in great shape (i race once a month or less). I will not be buying the diffs if they come in a new Prospec or Mbx8 platform great but for me the standard diffs are great.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmartin
The Car is great out of the box as is drive it like that first you will like it dont worry about cvas those guys are pros and are looking for every advantage possible HT diffs if you want them in a month or so get them I dont have them been running same kit since 2014 and my car still in great shape (i race once a month or less). I will not be buying the diffs if they come in a new Prospec or Mbx8 platform great but for me the standard diffs are great.
You are fine with what you have now, as previously stated. The car since the MBX7 has been great, i have actually retrograded back to my old MBX7 car, and sold my MBX7R. My son is running the MBX7R still. Eitherway, you will be amazed with the car, dont mind the pros, they drive on another level! Adam was the pro you were talking about, explaining the cvd vs. universals.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

That money is better spent elsewhere!
Spend it on fuel. Nothing makes you faster than more track time.
I had to learn that lesson the hard way by myself. Buying tuning parts is easy, but for most of the club racers they don't make much of a difference because there driving is far away from the limits.
AlbertN likes this.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

You are fine with what you have now, as previously stated. The car since the MBX7 has been great, i have actually retrograded back to my old MBX7 car, and sold my MBX7R. My son is running the MBX7R still. Eitherway, you will be amazed with the car, dont mind the pros, they drive on another level! Adam was the pro you were talking about, explaining the cvd vs. universals.
Originally Posted by Millord
Spend it on fuel. Nothing makes you faster than more track time.
I had to learn that lesson the hard way by myself. Buying tuning parts is easy, but for most of the club racers they don't make much of a difference because there driving is far away from the limits.

Point taken. Thanks guys.
jkas10 likes this.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default 3 bodies

Someone want this. I will sell all 3 for 100. I don't have mugen anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.