Like Tree88Likes

Mugen MBX7R

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX7R
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo

Old 01-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Some guys just like to be different and look for new ways to improve a already great car. Nothing wrong with that.

I find it ironic, guys in this hobby always want the next best thing, but the second guys start finding the next best thing on there own instead of waiting they get blasted.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klujan1001 View Post
The 7r is dialed you don't need parts off a different car just work on your setup when u get it right its unstoppable
Thats obvoius, just thought id try it, didn't cost much, would i notice it, probably not, did feel more smooth though, would it help, well we all know how much better uni's are over cvd's, hell mugen even changed the 7r drive shafts to uni's, they wouldn't of if they wernt better.

Critic's they crack me up, if you don't want to do it, don't do it , its that simple, don't need to be critical of some that did to make you feel better that you don't want to do it lol.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Some guys just like to be different and look for new ways to improve a already great car. Nothing wrong with that.

I find it ironic, guys in this hobby always want the next best thing, but the second guys start finding the next best thing on there own instead of waiting they get blasted.
Yep well said!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wasn't try to be disrespectful or blast you I was just stating that the car is dialed with out the extras
Old 01-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I thought maybe it was fixing an issue that was there and I was unaware of the issue... Tinker away boys... tinker away!!!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the benefit of the universals over the cvds?

I see that Sworkz as well as Mugen have gone to universals with the latest cars....I never had an issue with the cvds, and I could rebuild them (and replace just the shaft if needed)
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hi

Back in the day all cars had universals and Mugen was one of the first buggies to switch to cvds in 8th scale. CVD's do have benefits such as a more stable larger surface area with the larger inside bearing reducing wobble and the need for shimming as much I like that, like you said they are rebuildable and they tend to lock up more under acceleration and keep the arms flatter and tend to skip over bumps. If you bend an axle you can simply replace the bent part.

The Universals are easier to clean, a quick blast of wd40 and they are clean, and use the more standard sized bearings that last a little longer and the universals last longer too. they tend to allow the suspension to move more freely and they can reduce drag on the drivetrain that's the latest idea.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klujan1001 View Post
The 7r is dialed you don't need parts off a different car just work on your setup when u get it right its unstoppable
I know that this was something that was discussed already before the 7R was released - Mugen had stated that Uni's may be offered later as an option part...

Last edited by moto775; 01-13-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by simptek View Post
Nitro Tiger. What model number is the Hudy Throttle Servo Horn that you are using.
Not sure I've had that throttle horn for about 3 years now. I have a suss and get back to you.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
What did you do to have the center diff gear and the clutch bell line up properly? I have to stack a lot of shims inside the clutch bell just to have the center diff gear reach at least half of the CB gears....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced....
It's 100% the clutchbell you're using. That looks like one of the inexpensive s-works they are much shorter that the Mugen. Hope this helps. check the difference between your stork and you will see a big size difference
Old 01-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger View Post
Ok, there was a couple saying yes the Kyosho Mp9 Centre rear Uni would fit and someone said it wouldn't, i went out on a limb and tried one for myself and yes they do fit the rear of the 7r, there about 3mm longer but still are short enough not to bottom out in the cvd cup on max chassis compression.
Also the front Mp9 centre Uni shaft fits the 7T front, again about 3mm longer with plenty of room for compression. The only thing that has to be done is file down the dog bone pins a very small amount so they can move past the brake disc without binding.
The front mp9 shaft is way too long for the 7r, keen to see if the Sworkz Evo front shaft fits.
Heres a pic of my 7r nitro and second pic is of my 7r eco showing where the dog bone sits in the cvd cup.
I said it wouldn't fit...well I found one at the shop where I work and installed it, I too had to trim the pin so it would fit past the brake disc...been running it a couple weeks now.

Nothing wrong with us making our cars our own!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by o.s. power View Post
I said it wouldn't fit...well I found one at the shop where I work and installed it, I too had to trim the pin so it would fit past the brake disc...been running it a couple weeks now.

Nothing wrong with us making our cars our own!
Now your next problem as a heads up notice because I have the kyosho also. The pins on the dog bone will wear out and they are not the same size as Mugen pins. Then drill the holes out to fit the mugen pins.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

The is great the way it is, however I really like the universals for several reasons but most of all is the easy of cleaning and maint on the car, I think having that on the rear would make it a little bit faster to clean too, just spray some dry lube WD40 on a brush and wipe it off will be a lot faster than having to take CVD a part and cleaning it .....thats my thoughts, the best part of the 7/7R is being able to work on the car a lot faster and get it back on the track without having to take it all apart.......
Old 01-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Can anyone share there setup sheet with me plz? I'm picking up my buggy tomorrow and need a good starting point to get it going I greatly appreciate it thx in advance.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.jsb-modellsport.de/zubeho...bx7-7r-7t.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service