Like Tree99Likes

Mugen MBX7R

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX7R
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo

Old 02-06-2021, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I've just purchased the air filter but no screw to hold the top hat in the packaging. What screw can be used to hold it down? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Exiger,

It should be Flat Head M3x10mm..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Exiger View Post
I've just purchased the air filter but no screw to hold the top hat in the packaging. What screw can be used to hold it down? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stanleyw808 View Post
Hello Exiger,

It should be Flat Head M3x10mm..

Cheers..
Thank you so much!
Old 02-07-2021, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exiger View Post
whats ďthe top hatĒ?
Old 02-07-2021, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Solico and Exiger,

I was assuming the "Top Hat" as the cap that holds the Foam Filter.

But I also realise that it will need another M3x8mm Button Head screw to hold the Air Filter unit to the Fuel Tank splash guard.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Solico View Post
whats ďthe top hatĒ?
Solico likes this.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carbon Fiber Front Plate

I have two Mbx7r
Iím making them both as identical as I can and am thus switching the front plate from M2C to this CF one.

my question is am I missing a spacer or something between the plate and the servo saver assembly? The other buggy thatís built with this CF plate looks like it has something there but the manual says thereís nothing supposed to be there.

which is right? I canít take off the otherís plate at the moment because the screw is stripped and really rather not dremel it out until I need to.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Solico,

If You want to use Graphite/Carbon Upper Steering Plate, You need the Aluminum spacer like the one on the Bottom picture.

Cheers..

I have two Mbx7r
I’m making them both as identical as I can and am thus switching the front plate from M2C to this CF one.

my question is am I missing a spacer or something between the plate and the servo saver assembly? The other buggy that’s built with this CF plate looks like it has something there but the manual says there’s nothing supposed to be there.

which is right? I can’t take off the other’s plate at the moment because the screw is stripped and really rather not dremel it out until I need to.
Solico likes this.

Last edited by stanleyw808; 03-03-2021 at 09:47 PM. Reason: wrong reference..
Old 03-04-2021, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, you need a spacers. The reason it's not in the manual, is because the original plastic part goes over the steering post. It basically has a build in plastic spacer.
If you get a flat carbon plate, you need to add the spacer. Usually the spacers are bundled with the CF plate if you bought it new.
Solico likes this.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately I bought used. Does anyone have a part number or a reference I can use to check out where I can get one of those spacers? Also whatís a good way to know if my bevel gear or ring is too worn?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Solico,

The part would be E2121B - SERVO SAVER SPACER (For E2121)..

Most of the time Bevel/Ring Gear will last the lifetime of the Car when shimmed properly and greased when it is built for the first time and maintenance after that. I would say that You could take a picture of Your gear(s) and show to us here, then maybe we could give our opinion.

Cheers..

Unfortunately I bought used. Does anyone have a part number or a reference I can use to check out where I can get one of those spacers? Also whatís a good way to know if my bevel gear or ring is too worn?
Solico likes this.

Last edited by stanleyw808; 03-05-2021 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Information addition..