Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Hyper8 stingray

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Frank.....

On Sunday it will be my first off road race ( I'm from on road ).

It's gonna be special ......

I have my Hyper8 since last year ...... and I haven't got the mood to race it. This time I will do it
Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Aaarrghh..... My Hyper8 let me down today ..... I lost the front diff while I was holding third position in newbee class ...... I had to drive 2WD for 1 extra lap until I decided to stop completely because my engine was screaming and my car was really slow.

Are the gears inside the diff too close or too far ? .......... or is it something else ?

Thanks for anyone help.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys having issues,

This isn't a flame, or intended to be one, but are you guys performing regular maintenance on your H8s?

It sounds like many of the symptoms you all are experiencing are due to improper mesh or shimming of diffs.

The arms do develop slop where the hub hinge pins are, but there are mods described over at www.nitrohouse.com that take care of this issue. You may also upgrade to the cnc hubs in order to mitigate the issue, but it is unecessary if you perform the mods...

I know ton's of people that have run the H8. Yes it has issues. Yes they are easily correctable/avoidable. Spares are dirt cheap on Ebay.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Some of them may be due to inexperience in the sport, or just plain 'abuse' (I.e. like the kind my buggy receives from it's crackhed driver ~ Moi!).

All buggies have issues. Some have major issues. Luckily for us, the Hyper 8 just has minor issues that are correctable. The new 8.5 probably goes a long way in terms of correcting known issues.

This platform is one of, if not 'the' most tuneable and best handling buggy out there. The Losi is probably the better jumper, but even the Losi has some well documented minor issues. Spare Losi parts are also hella expensive compared to the H8/8.5.

It seems to have an underdog reputation, or some sort of anti-establishment following. I think this is changing with the Euro-Worlds win. Battle is a speed demon with this buggy...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone come up with a good trick or a makeshift tool for removing the bearings from the CNC knuckles (Without damaging them)?

I'm having a heck of a time getting mine out to clean 'em. I may have to remove the seal and clean them in the knuckle - I.e. clean them in-place...

I was wondering if anyone knows where to obtain a good bearing pulling tool for the 8x14mm (Typical 1/8th scale buggy bearing size)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Still going ..... still going ......

My hyper8 is two years old now, ..... and I think I have free time to race it again. I will be participating a fun race on sunday, ( June 1st ) with lots of door prizes including 32" LCD TV, car kits, engines, shirts, transmitter, and many other prizes.

Wish me luck yo !!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

has any one found a different replacement oring for the diffs,i dont want the hole thing only the oring for the outdrives
Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Is there chassis difference between Hyper8 pro and Hyper8.5 pro ?

I'm looking to buy chassis replacement for my hyper8 pro.

ofnawarehouse.com only has standard chassis 8.5 pro and +4mm rear

I'm just want to make sure the standard chassis between 8 and 8.5 is the same length and everything.

Thank you.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 AM
D8
Tech Master

the H8.5 chassis is longer than the H8.. get the one 2mm longer front & rear.

note: i think that you will need longer center drive bones wth the 8.5 chassis..

cheers..
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
Is there chassis difference between Hyper8 pro and Hyper8.5 pro ?

I'm looking to buy chassis replacement for my hyper8 pro.

ofnawarehouse.com only has standard chassis 8.5 pro and +4mm rear

I'm just want to make sure the standard chassis between 8 and 8.5 is the same length and everything.

Thank you.
This is the FR2 chassis kit that you need to update H8 to the lastest specs. Too bad they are hard to find at a decent price. A year ago, EBay had these for $45 or so.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...=Product-Feeds

This is probably the cheapest price around.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-hyp...2-p-24123.html
Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you people.

I appreciate your help and information.

I didn't know hyper8.5 chassis is 2mm longer front and rear. Thanks.