R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Tire ideas to replace discontinued VP Pro Condors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/840099-tire-ideas-replace-discontinued-vp-pro-condors.html)

Devin 10-05-2014 01:51 PM

Tire ideas to replace discontinued VP Pro Condors

1 Attachment(s)
Included is a picture.

This was the go-to tire for many guys at the track, but people can no longer find any old stock.

It was a fairly open tread and did not get clogged by our packed, wet, very sandy clay.

We're very open to suggestions on if people know of similar tread from other brands. :tire:

Austin's dad 10-05-2014 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13576338)
Included is a picture.

This was the go-to tire for many guys at the track, but people can no longer find any old stock.

It was a fairly open tread and did not get clogged by our packed, wet, very sandy clay.

We're very open to suggestions on if people know of similar tread from other brands. :tire:

Looks similar to a sweep exagon. Only the pattern on the sweep is closer together. But with your track conditions sounds like a sweep exagon type track.

hustler777 10-05-2014 04:20 PM

Jconcepts subcultures should hook up well if those were your go too tire

Devin 10-05-2014 05:16 PM

Thanks for the tip on the Exagon. Did not know about Sweep Racing tires at all. Looks like there might be a little problem clearing the treads due to how tight they are, but could be worth a shot. They look directional, is their a preferred direction? I would run them "scoop" forward first.

JConcepts Subcultures do hook up well. They are my go to tire most days actually, but they grip a little too well for people who like to have drift in their driving style. Step pin tires dig in really, really well. They seem to traction roll before they will slide.

Austin's dad 10-05-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13576665)
Thanks for the tip on the Exagon. Did not know about Sweep Racing tires at all. Looks like there might be a little problem clearing the treads due to how tight they are, but could be worth a shot. They look directional, is their a preferred direction? I would run them "scoop" forward first.

JConcepts Subcultures do hook up well. They are my go to tire most days actually, but they grip a little too well for people who like to have drift in their driving style. Step pin tires dig in really, really well. They seem to traction roll before they will slide.

That would be correct. They are directional. Scoop to the front.

xxxntwv 10-05-2014 06:21 PM

duratrax posse tires are pretty good.we've been using duratrax tires this summer and they've been really good.

gofast072 10-05-2014 06:57 PM

Have you tried vp pro gripz thats the tire that replaced the condor

Devin 10-06-2014 09:25 AM

Went looking for other brands since I did not know about Sweep, found Panther RC tires. Any other smaller brands available in NA that we might not know about?

AKA
Pro Line
JConcepts
Duratrax
Sweep
Panther
VP Pro

Am I missing any?

Panther has a Komodo I and II tire the guys may want to try. Not sure what the offset bar has on handling between the two styles but they look like they may drift similar to the Condor.

I kind of want to try those Exagon's to be honest. I may be the guinea pig there and hope they don't clog.

@gofast072 - VP Pro Gripz are basically Pro-Line Calibers, they handle quite differently than the Condor's.

Austin's dad 10-06-2014 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13577956)
Went looking for other brands since I did not know about Sweep, found Panther RC tires. Any other smaller brands available in NA that we might not know about?

AKA
Pro Line
JConcepts
Duratrax
Sweep
Panther
VP Pro

Am I missing any?

Panther has a Komodo I and II tire the guys may want to try. Not sure what the offset bar has on handling between the two styles but they look like they may drift similar to the Condor.

I kind of want to try those Exagon's to be honest. I may be the guinea pig there and hope they don't clog.

@gofast072 - VP Pro Gripz are basically Pro-Line Calibers, they handle quite differently than the Condor's.

If you do try the exagons please post how they do. That is my sons go to tire when we struggle to get a tire that works. I'd say we run exagons at 75% of the tracks we go to. It is a great all around tire and particularly good on tracks like you described.

Devin 10-06-2014 08:42 PM

I will if I remember. We are done racing until spring.