Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help please jato 3.3 revving flat out on start up

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default help please jato 3.3 revving flat out on start up

Hi guys I have recently bought a jato 3.3 and for some reason it decides to rev flat out until I stall in out. What I find really weird is it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it will start and run awesome then next time I start it it just revs flat chat. I originally thought it was the transmitter because I found loose terminals in the transmitter box on the car. once I pushed them in properly I started it and it ran great went through a full tank of fuel no problems then the next time I went to start it revved flat out so I checked the termanials again and they were still tight so I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jordob
Hi guys I have recently bought a jato 3.3 and for some reason it decides to rev flat out until I stall in out. What I find really weird is it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it will start and run awesome then next time I start it it just revs flat chat. I originally thought it was the transmitter because I found loose terminals in the transmitter box on the car. once I pushed them in properly I started it and it ran great went through a full tank of fuel no problems then the next time I went to start it revved flat out so I checked the termanials again and they were still tight so I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Check your throttle linkage sometimes it probably backed off and make sure your return Spring is returning all the way to neutral
Old 09-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Change the spring......
Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Check all fuel lines, connections & tank for air leaks as well, make sure carb retaining bolt it tight as well, not overly tight though as it can distort carb base causing air leaks. If its near new & running fine on one tank then without any changes running at high rpm's then it seems more than just a spring or linkage problem.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. So you dont think it could be the radio at all? If I start it with the radio turned on it runs fine but as soon a I flick the radio on it turns into an rpm basher.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Vehicles do not have a transmitter. The transmitter in your hand goes to the receiver in the vehicle. With that being said, turn both on and then set your throttle throw.