Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8b 2.0 overhaul. Help >

Losi 8b 2.0 overhaul. Help

Losi 8b 2.0 overhaul. Help

Old 09-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/BK...?sort=3&page=1

A bunch of pics. Thats not as far as i got, my radio tray showed up last nigh so thats built and im just trimming servo wires and battery wires so its all neat and tidy(old habbits die hard) and then ill take some pics of it. Im expecting spindles and carriers by thursday. Hopefully ill be up and running by the weekend. Gotta order wheels and tires yet tho. Im buying a set of black HSP split 5 spoke wheels with foams and tires installed already. Once the tires wear out ill switch over to AKA tires and foams. Still have to buy paint and im likely painting the shock towers orange as well. Losi has WAY too much black stuff on thier cars, need some show with the go.

My motor is all set, aside from the fact that i cant get the carb tight in the throat. I HATE plastic carbs. Might change it out for something else. Even the copper gasket stuff wont hold it in place. Other than that its all coming together nicely. I have a set of new side guards i need to make fit(not made for a Losi but they will work fine). Then its just body paint and drive time. Woo!!

Also pick up a new project on saturday....Team C TR2 Brushless!!!! My first adventure into satan's powerplant. Should be nice to just plug and play, but i got it mainly for my kids.

Anyway, check back periodically to that photobucket link as ill post more pics as things progress.

Big thanks to RCTech and everyone who has helped me out with this project and who continue to help! This would have been a terrible PITA without a forum like this.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

More pics up. Body is painted, this was my first attempt and it didnt come out too badly. My masking job didnt work out too well in spots but next time all masking will be done with electrical tape.....that stuff is great to mask with...it bends and leaves the cleanest lines. Never using masking tape again. Also never using anything other than a hobby knife or scalpel. My Kershaw pocket knife is great for day to day use. I could field dress and skin anything i shoot with it but not so good for surgical procedures like cutting masks and decals. Wiltshire kitchen knives also do not works lol Just trying to decide on a wing colour right now. Pretty sure im going with the same gray thats on the body, in fact i have a brand new JConcepts Finnisher wing hanging downstairs ready for paint that i picked up yesterday. I have several wings so im likely gonna paint one white, one orange and one grey. Then i can switch them out periodically.
STILL waiting on the new side guards and wheels and tires to complete the car. Everything says shipped so it should all be here this week. Then it goes for a test flight!!!! Then itll likely need a new motor as im having an uneasy feeling about the one thats in it lol

Anway, comments or suggestions?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/BK...tml?sort=3&o=0
Finished pic.
Picked up the new wheels and tires at the post office this morning. Although, they didnt come pre-glued Ive never done that before so should be interesting.

Anyway, there she is, just in time for the snow to fly and temperature to drop.