Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
truggy tire rotation >

truggy tire rotation

truggy tire rotation

Old 07-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default truggy tire rotation

hi! was wondering whats the best way to rotate truggy tires? do you rotate tires like a automobile?(cross sectional) or (front to back)? best way for even tread?! thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That could very much depend on what tread patterns you were using.
Assuming you have four of the same tyre, and they are not directional tyres (ie. Have to be run in a certain direction like proline calibers) then I always swap them cross ways back to front. So left rear to right front and vice versa right rear to left front and vice versa.
However if you have different patterns front to back, like a city block/i beam combo obviously you can only swap them across side to side.
Directional tyres like calibers you pretty much can't swap around apart from putting the back to the front on the same side etc. If you swap them to the other side they will be facing the wrong way.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmarkoDave View Post
That could very much depend on what tread patterns you were using.
Assuming you have four of the same tyre, and they are not directional tyres (ie. Have to be run in a certain direction like proline calibers) then I always swap them cross ways back to front. So left rear to right front and vice versa right rear to left front and vice versa.
However if you have different patterns front to back, like a city block/i beam combo obviously you can only swap them across side to side.
Directional tyres like calibers you pretty much can't swap around apart from putting the back to the front on the same side etc. If you swap them to the other side they will be facing the wrong way.
What he said. It also depends on the way the tires are wearing. If one side is wearing out faster due to a track that has a lot of high speed sweepers you may just want to go from left to right only.

Our track has 11 right handers and 5 lefts, 7 being high speed to the right. The left sides wear more due to this. This past weekend, I ran the 1st heat on a new set, second heat I swapped side to side, 3rd I swapped front to rear and for the main I put the 2 with the most tread on the left.