Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help choosing buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help choosing buggy

Hi I'm looking at getting into getting a 1/8th nitro buggy but not sure on which to choose will mainly be bashing. just looking for some help on what to choose I've narrowed it down to a
Thunder tiger eb4 s3, lrp s8 rebel bx or a hpi trophy 3.5
I'm looking for something that is durable and won't break too easily.
Thank you in advance hopefully someone can shed some light on which out of the 3 is the way to go.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A friend of mine has the HPI Trophy 3.5 and it seems quite robust seeing his driving is only one speed..... POWEEEEERRRRR!!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I was bashing only I would get a truggy.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

If you only want to go bashing, but are looking for a durable, easy to drive but fast and complete Ready to Race car, then have a look at the JQ RTR. In my opinion the best value you can get for your money...
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Ofna stuff is very robust, holds up well, the engines are easy to tune and most of the time the price is right. Keep this in mind though, with any rtr the radio gear will let you down sooner rather than later, and 2 good servos and a rechargeable receiver pack will run you $125 when the time comes.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tug Driver
Ofna stuff is very robust, holds up well, the engines are easy to tune and most of the time the price is right. Keep this in mind though, with any rtr the radio gear will let you down sooner rather than later, and 2 good servos and a rechargeable receiver pack will run you $125 when the time comes.
Eh, or he could go with Two Turnigy 1258TGs and a decent nimh pack for $85. Not that much cheaper, but $40 is $40 and they're great servos.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

having owned HPI RTR's before, I definitely recommend them.

I have also been researching JQ RTR, good enough to bash but also very capable of hitting the track.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

The JQ RTR has the advantage of already having two SAVOX servos as standard and comes with the receiver pack. The engine is an Alpha based .21 engine, that said, it's race regular. I am racing the WE, but do have the RTR for my son, and it is a surprisingly good car for the money, even the radio is decent. You can upgrade the RTR basically into Pro Car. Many parts are shared with the YE or WE. And... the car comes with really good tires! They look like Impacts and drive like impacts!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
having owned HPI RTR's before, I definitely recommend them.

I have also been researching JQ RTR, good enough to bash but also very capable of hitting the track.
close to a year ago I was asking myself... JQ WE or Losi 3.0... both excelent cars! Both have very good plastics, arms are not breaking all the time, and easy to setup. I went with the WE because I like the story behind it and because I feel I can be part of a project. No other company will give you such a direct channel into development as JQ. You will be happy with both of them...