Like Tree1Likes

Whats wrong with this* brand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Desertstorm
Hello Guys,

My 2cents for the car i own (owned) or be used by very close friends (Exposure).

Agama - Exposure only - have the opportuny to play with this buggy . good quality and very easy to handle . Some friends are using it and so far never report major issue regarding this buggy.

Associated - Never saw one personally.

Durango - Exposure only and 2 of my good friends owned this buggy for one year (DNX408). Very innovative design but recurent issues with fuel tank and servo (Overheat). Regarding the new one : no idea

Hot Bodies - Exposure only and one of my good friend owned one . quit a good car and no major issues. parts ar'e not easy to find

JQ - No real exposure

Kyosho - owned and the car handling is simply the best IMO , but the price is really too much . Part availibility is very good and well distributed; Need to improve the front arms and plastic flex.

Losi - Exposure only and few friends are using LOSI 2.0 and 3.0 . So far quit a good car no major issue reported.

Mugen -Own it currently (MBX6R) , bought the 7 and sold it after 2 months. The 7 is for skillful racers , too tedious to find the correct setup and to handle. i totally agreed with few comments we need a 6.5 R. Well distributed and price parts is ok. The 7 plastic quality is behind compare to the 6. Same like Kyosho the front arms should be improve.

SWORKz -Owned (EVO BK1) , Unfortunately my worst experience . Not reliable at all (Diff in particular), shocks are terrible. Find a good setup was really tedious compare to the MBX6.

Tekno -Never saw one personally.

XRAY - Exposure only. 2 of my good friends own the XB8 and previously the XB9 and 808; so far the buggy is really good . Reliable, easy to setup and handle . the Cons , the Kit screews are not good and et loose very fast. top notch buggy really. Like Kyosho ,XRAY parts are really too expensive.

Serpent - Exposure only and 2 of my good friends own it . So far the buggy is quit good IMO , same no major issue but some plastic parts wear really too fast. part price is really good.

I have both (MBX7 and 6R) Regarding the MBX7 , you will love it or you will hate it . The buggy is very different compare to the MBX6R : More agressive , a lot of steering and tail difficult to handle on sleepery tracks but if you manage to find the correct setup and handle it : this buggy is a blast!

The MBX6R is more quiet and easier to drive , less agressive and can accomodate most of the tracks with a standard setup.

Cheers
sorry, but i can absolutely not understand all comments about mbx7 ?!

yes, the first, initial feel out of the box is agressive, but coming from mbx5/6r/6reu i found my settings to make it feel like a faster mbx6reu fast.

now i love the feel of it. canīt drive it hard enough.
my driving is really agressive on steering and REAR IS STABLE !!

please mugen, donīt change too much in the future

LOSI sloppy ?! yes, but a sloppy 1/8 buggy is better than a brand new one.
if i get a new one, i canīt wait to the point where it becomes sloppy.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing

yes, the first, initial feel out of the box is agressive, but coming from mbx5/6r/6reu i found my settings to make it feel like a faster mbx6reu fast.

Me too. I love the way the MBX7 handles and I feel it responds well to changes in set up. THe harder you push it the faster it gets.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I based my answers more or less on what I see or have experienced from a regional/club level standpoint (NW area for me) because thats really where these results matter most I feel. Drivers like Lutz or Tessmann can make any of these buggies seem perfect.

Agama - Only seen one driver regionally who runs one, seems to be inconsistent from track to track.

Associated - Good regional and local presence but guys can't throw enough aftermarket parts at it to try and keep it on pace with others.

Durango - Little 1/8 presence regionally. They seem to require lots of up keep and lots of attention to setup.

Hot Bodies - (I run for HB as a disclosure ) Small HB presence locally and Regionally. Parts support for the average customer is lacking.

JQ - Never seen one ran regionally or locally. hard to sell a product when no one has seen one drive.

Kyosho - Good Presence regionally, but too expensive for most at local level. Seem to break same parts consistently with little abuse.

Losi - Good presence regionally and locally. Like many others have noted, slop throughout almost immediately.

Mugen - Good presence regionally and locally. Your either real fast or real out of control with them. No middle of the road.

Serpent - No presence regionally, or locally. Like JQ, consumer won't buy from what they just heard or read online.

SWORKz - No presence regionally or local. Until proven, most think its a 2nd rate car and company to most.

Tekno - Good 1/8 Electric presence, but haven't seen nitro version run regionally or local yet.

XRAY - Very small presence regionally and almost non-existent locally. Besides the price, asking the consumer to purchase a new buggy every year to stay current is an open invitation for other companies to steal sales.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yzracer758
I based my answers more or less on what I see or have experienced from a regional/club level standpoint (NW area for me) because thats really where these results matter most I feel. Drivers like Lutz or Tessmann can make any of these buggies seem perfect.

Agama - Only seen one driver regionally who runs one, seems to be inconsistent from track to track.

Associated - Good regional and local presence but guys can't throw enough aftermarket parts at it to try and keep it on pace with others.

Durango - Little 1/8 presence regionally. They seem to require lots of up keep and lots of attention to setup.

Hot Bodies - (I run for HB as a disclosure ) Small HB presence locally and Regionally. Parts support for the average customer is lacking.

JQ - Never seen one ran regionally or locally. hard to sell a product when no one has seen one drive.

Kyosho - Good Presence regionally, but too expensive for most at local level. Seem to break same parts consistently with little abuse.

Losi - Good presence regionally and locally. Like many others have noted, slop throughout almost immediately.

Mugen - Good presence regionally and locally. Your either real fast or real out of control with them. No middle of the road.

Serpent - No presence regionally, or locally. Like JQ, consumer won't buy from what they just heard or read online.

SWORKz - No presence regionally or local. Until proven, most think its a 2nd rate car and company to most.

Tekno - Good 1/8 Electric presence, but haven't seen nitro version run regionally or local yet.

XRAY - Very small presence regionally and almost non-existent locally. Besides the price, asking the consumer to purchase a new buggy every year to stay current is an open invitation for other companies to steal sales.
where is your region? just curious to see what is popular where?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
where is your region? just curious to see what is popular where?
Northwest
Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see several comments about poor parts availability for HB. Any particular reason why?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

amainhobbies have most things in stock most of the time so if you buy from amain theres no issue really as they get orders instock often to restock

but alot of the problem came when HB/hpi USA fell and no orders got filled once a distrubting company got ahold of it and let it all fall flat.

The stock levels are increasing as they have had to start from scratch, there now looks to be a hpi office again in USA.

However they cant seem to hold stock of the d812 kit... wonder why so many are buying it
Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
amainhobbies have most things in stock most of the time so if you buy from amain theres no issue really as they get orders instock often to restock

but alot of the problem came when HB/hpi USA fell and no orders got filled once a distrubting company got ahold of it and let it all fall flat.

The stock levels are increasing as they have had to start from scratch, there now looks to be a hpi office again in USA.

However they cant seem to hold stock of the d812 kit... wonder why so many are buying it
Amain gets the parts from Great Planes as they are now the exclusive distributor here in the US. The Great Planes ordering site for stores has most things if not all in stock and has for a good time. I think most stores however are running on a low budget and simply is refusing to stock a lot of parts. I can assure anyone that if your local shop wants to stock the parts and has a Great Planes account, they can get it.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gt racing

LOSI sloppy ?! yes, but a sloppy 1/8 buggy is better than a brand new one.
if i get a new one, i canīt wait to the point where it becomes sloppy.
Same thoughts here. I usually add weights on the front hubs to add steering. An then tune my clutch and throttle finger so it doesn't spin out.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

How about adding the RB car to the list ? And what ever happened to Thunder Tiger I rememebr this been one of the bigger brands in the US.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markmad777
How about adding the RB car to the list ? And what ever happened to Thunder Tiger I remember this been one of the bigger brands in the US.
Thunder Tiger purchased AE in 2005 so they dropped off the competitive 1/8th scale map as a brand. No need to compete against your own investment!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

The way things look at AE now though maybe they ought to reconsider...............
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Agama - Teamate has one , drive it often . Seems like a European Losi .

Associated - Completely average. So cheap to keep fresh (E bay ) there is no excuse for a sloppy AE.

Durango - Friend had one , but not for long. Parts issues killed the love, but it was racy.

Hot Bodies -I see one at the track , guy wins with it . Looks planted on most every lap, but I have not driven it .

JQ - Never seen one ever.

Kyosho - Drives nice . I watch the owner over drive one every weekend it seems and he still finishes in the top half of the field. Buggy makes you look good , I think thats why its expensive, because its not really the quality.

Losi -Drives good , looks good, but it feels like they are taking advantage of me with the quality. I measured over 8* of camber change in just the slop of the fron end. 8* degrees is a lot.

Mugen -Never driven a newer model , but I am curious ...

Serpent -Never seen one
SWORKz - Ditto.

Tekno - The flavor of the month . Creative layout , fast , nurvous buggy. I like it , but I am afraid of a commitment to a girl that skinny.

XRAY - My current car. I feel like its expensive , stable, and reliable. I dont feel outdated , I feel like the new models are more like new flavors.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
Amain gets the parts from Great Planes as they are now the exclusive distributor here in the US. The Great Planes ordering site for stores has most things if not all in stock and has for a good time. I think most stores however are running on a low budget and simply is refusing to stock a lot of parts.
I don't think I would use the term low budget
When any of these posts say the parts are hard to get, what they are really saying there is no local demand in my area to stock these parts. If these parts were flying off the shelves they would be in stocked. No business owner refuses to stock parts that he knows are going to sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.