New to rc nitro,help needed!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to rc nitro,help needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up New to rc nitro,help needed!!!

Hi Guys,I am doing the engine run in on my boys Himoto cars when i was out there doing the first one when it started it was running at full throttle,and the smell was bad when i was holding it so i eventually got it stopped....can you tell me why it is going full speed once started and how do i get it to run the normal speed for the FIRST stage of the engine break in.

Cheers graham
Old 07-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GH74
Hi Guys,I am doing the engine run in on my boys Himoto cars when i was out there doing the first one when it started it was running at full throttle,and the smell was bad when i was holding it so i eventually got it stopped....can you tell me why it is going full speed once started and how do i get it to run the normal speed for the FIRST stage of the engine break in.

Cheers graham
If it is at full throttle, the carb is open too far and/or running way too lean. i would check the gap in the carb (with air filter off) and you should only see a sliver of an opening (less than 1mm). That should take care of the high running.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Make sure the throttle servo is in the neutral position. Then make sure the carb is closing properly. If it is not set-up right the carb will not be able to close all the way.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info there,just i want to get the boys car running before i do the second break-in stage on my own car,tell me what would be one of the best price cars to buy at the minute
Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Make sure the throttle servo is in the neutral position. Then make sure the carb is closing properly. If it is not set-up right the carb will not be able to close all the way.
thanks chris,just am new to this hobby,having a bad time trying to get the boys cars set up for them,so whats the best way to set it to neutral,there cars are all himoto and 3 types sun fire etc not sure the name of the other 2,do you know of these cars and there controllers,as i tried turning knobs and pressing buttons

thanks graham
Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

This should be in the manual for the cars. I have never seen that car so I don't know what the linkage looks like. If you push on the call where the linkage is connected with the servo and see if it is closing all the way. You may need to take the air filter assembly off. Before you do that make sure to clean around it so the dirt doesn't go into the engine. One knob on the radio should adjust the throttle servo position. Set it back to the center position. You should also check what the other guys said.

See if there is anything in here to help

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...2bef0706315e0c
Old 07-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Chris,looked through that link there but no good,but am sure it will come in handy sometime for me ,well if i dont sleep tonight il go out into the workshop and tinker with the cars etc until its time to go to work.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Rite am ready to give up on these cars,the car wont start now,its not flooded and the glow plug is glowing red,there is no blockage in the lines,i really dont no what the problem is with it,can someone guide me in the right line on what all to do.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GH74
Rite am ready to give up on these cars,the car wont start now,its not flooded and the glow plug is glowing red,there is no blockage in the lines,i really dont no what the problem is with it,can someone guide me in the right line on what all to do.
Don't give up yet. You'll be able to get them running. First, have you made any adjustments to the carb settings?

If you can, tell me what engine you have. SH? VX? .18? .15? Then I can help more.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

post up some pictures of the throttle setup, that will give us something to work with and start getting you in the right direction
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

ok here you go here is pics,if there not the correct photos tell me all what i need to take pics off
Attached Thumbnails New to rc nitro,help needed!!!-imag0109.jpg   New to rc nitro,help needed!!!-imag0110.jpg   New to rc nitro,help needed!!!-imag0111.jpg   New to rc nitro,help needed!!!-imag0112.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

oh and the engine is .18
Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Have you made any adjustments to the carb screws?

You have an SH .18 engine. Good engine.

Factory settings on the sh.18 engine are going to be 2.5-3 turns out from fully closed on the high and low speed needles. And the idle screw doesn't have a factory setting, just make sure the carb is open about 1mm.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by frewster
Have you made any adjustments to the carb screws?

You have an SH .18 engine. Good engine.

Thanks frewster,i had made adjustments to the HSN & LSN but screwed them back out until they were flush and also adjusted the idle needle to 1mm open.all i knew that the engine was .18 didnt no there was an sh,and you say that they are good engines,well thats good coz the 3 cars are for my boys etc so hope wont give much probs once all set up

Cheers graham
Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Let me know how it goes. Make sure your glow plug ignitor is charged. Also, you'll want to have several spare "hot" glow plugs for standard nitro engines. An example is the OS 3 plug.

SH is not too well known but make engines for other companies such as the Dynamite nitro engines and Losi's new gas engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.