Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HELP in new to nitro and my engine is not starting well >

HELP in new to nitro and my engine is not starting well

HELP in new to nitro and my engine is not starting well

Old 07-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP in new to nitro and my engine is not starting well

just broke in a dynamite mach 2 .19 and it was starting great when i was breaking it in and a few times after that. now it takes for ever to start(eazy start on a revo just turns motor have a glow plug igniter) but now it takes for ever to start like 5 min of holding the exhaust closed then when it does fire up it will go but if i get just over 1/2 throttle it just dies please help me!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

i got it to start but the temp shot up to 310 after abut 5 min of running and now its hard to start again im lost
Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvlEAWVBEM
Old 07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reclaimer429 View Post
just broke in a dynamite mach 2 .19 and it was starting great when i was breaking it in and a few times after that. now it takes for ever to start(eazy start on a revo just turns motor have a glow plug igniter) but now it takes for ever to start like 5 min of holding the exhaust closed then when it does fire up it will go but if i get just over 1/2 throttle it just dies please help me!!!
Did you change the glow plug after breakin? Also be careful turning it over for prolonged periods with that easy start. Let it cool down for a few minutes in between attempts. It's very easy to overheat the little easy start motor.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

i have not changed the glow plug. can i run 3.3 glow plugs in the dynamite engine? im guessing no
Old 07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

wow so much help here!!! thank everyone!!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm no expert but every nitro engine iveowed got harder to start After break in. And setting the tune good.

The trick is learning how to start them. 3-4 seconds covering the exhaust outlet WITHOUT the glow igniter. I usually do it till I can hear the starter box speed up slightly. mine usually fires right up after priming it this way.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK View Post
Did you change the glow plug after breakin? Also be careful turning it over for prolonged periods with that easy start. Let it cool down for a few minutes in between attempts. It's very easy to overheat the little easy start motor.
+1 Glow plugs usually die out during break in sessions or after. I would suggest a new plug before you play with the needles. You may risk the chance of completely messing up the tune if you do, and will just end up chasing it around.

I'm not so sure, but the MC59 would probably work with your engine. It's a hot plug so it'll make tuning a bit easier. Good luck!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXRA06&P=8