Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
WTA : DNX408 vs 8ight >

WTA : DNX408 vs 8ight

WTA : DNX408 vs 8ight

Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default WTA : DNX408 vs 8ight

hi, i'm a newbie here and really need some great advice from you guys

i am currently racing Sworkz evo with S7 engine, but not satisfied enough. i am currently got my eyes on DNX 408 v2 and Losi 8ight, my questions are :

1. Which of them more stable on loose track ?
2. Which has stronger plastic ?
3. which worth the price ?

those 3 items are the things i'm concern about since i've never tried both, thanks

although HB D12 might be a consideration
Old 07-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Having owned both cars I would say.

Quality goes to Durango.

Performance goes to Losi.

Worth the price depends on if you want to look pretty or go fast.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just curious, what's lacking with the sworkz evo?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by )EIB( View Post
Just curious, what's lacking with the sworkz evo?
+1
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wombat View Post
+1
it keep breaking parts, plastic quality way below MBX6 but it's OK though
i have to admit that the new shock and bladder is great, way better than before.

for the last 6 months been buying parts such as almunium rear lower arm holder (break in half after being hit by 2 cars), rear gearbox housing worn out, and the plastic rear arm holder didn't hold good (been loosing my rear lower hing pin twice)

maybe it's because i'm a terrible driver but all of this never happen when i use my MBX6 or 808.
i just need to find kit that would hold together, i don't mind buying parts, i just don't like to buy them every 2 weeks.
i love the SWORKz EVO and i'm keeping it even if bought other kit, to me it's too fragile for a newbie.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Unfortunately the DNX408V2 has been discontinued and will be replaced with the DNX8 in the hopefully near future. So, if you do decide to buy the DNX408V2, you will have to do some searching to see if anyone happens to have one in stock, or buy a used one. The quality and strength are definitely strong points of the DNX408, rear traction in loose conditions will go to the Losi though...
Old 07-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indra5 View Post
it keep breaking parts, plastic quality way below MBX6 but it's OK though
i have to admit that the new shock and bladder is great, way better than before.

for the last 6 months been buying parts such as almunium rear lower arm holder (break in half after being hit by 2 cars), rear gearbox housing worn out, and the plastic rear arm holder didn't hold good (been loosing my rear lower hing pin twice)

maybe it's because i'm a terrible driver but all of this never happen when i use my MBX6 or 808.
i just need to find kit that would hold together, i don't mind buying parts, i just don't like to buy them every 2 weeks.
i love the SWORKz EVO and i'm keeping it even if bought other kit, to me it's too fragile for a newbie.
I had no idea the Sworkz is that fragile....

If durability is a high priority for you, may be you should consider the JQ? I'm currently running the JQ Yellow Edition and I've also had the JQ RTR. Both of them are pretty much built like tanks. I'm a total newbie driver and I haven't broken any major parts on neither of them after over year of regular use. I did manage to bent a hinge pin and stretched the hinge pin hole of the one of the front arms once but that was due to a head on collision with a kid going down the straight backwards at full speed. The funny thing is I finished driving for the day and I didn't even know it was bent until I got home. That is the only occasion I had to replace a front arm. I was even able to bend the hinge pin back straight and reuse it. I regularly tag track pipes, do cart wheel flips, land wrong on jumps, etc. basically as much abuse as one can give a buggy and that's the only part I broke. The diff outdirves on the RTR did wear out faster than the Yellow edition but that's because they seem to be made out of different materials. I actually bought a bunch of parts as spares thinking I might need them but they are still sealed in bags.

Last edited by )EIB(; 07-21-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by )EIB( View Post
I had no idea the Sworkz is that fragile....

If durability is a high priority for you, may be you should consider the JQ? I'm currently running the JQ Yellow Edition and I've also had the JQ RTR. Both of them are pretty much built like tanks. I'm a total newbie driver and I haven't broken any major parts on neither of them after over year of regular use. I did manage to bent a hinge pin and stretched the hinge pin hole of the one of the front arms once but that was due to a head on collision with a kid going down the straight backwards at full speed. The funny thing is I finished driving for the day and I didn't even know it was bent until I got home. That is the only occasion I had to replace a front arm. I was even able to bend the hinge pin back straight and reuse it. I regularly tag track pipes, do cart wheel flips, land wrong on jumps, etc. basically as much abuse as one can give a buggy and that's the only part I broke. The diff outdirves on the RTR did wear out faster than the Yellow edition but that's because they seem to be made out of different materials. I actually bought a bunch of parts as spares thinking I might need them but they are still sealed in bags.
i've tried the JQ White edition once, i got it from a lucky draw in our club race this year in january. the car it self pretty agile, fun to drive but have rear diff issue. even tried to put the extra shim that comes with it, broke the rear diff gear 3 times in 2 days of trial, been trying the 3000, 2000, even 5000 diff oil for the rear. sell the kit by the next day and bought the SWORKz evo instead.

in the other hand, the yellow edition was quite a tank, to bad i had my first JQ experience with the white, my friend's been using the yellow and run just like you said.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
Unfortunately the DNX408V2 has been discontinued and will be replaced with the DNX8 in the hopefully near future. So, if you do decide to buy the DNX408V2, you will have to do some searching to see if anyone happens to have one in stock, or buy a used one. The quality and strength are definitely strong points of the DNX408, rear traction in loose conditions will go to the Losi though...
fortunately in my region in Indonesia, Maxspin the durango distributor still have stock of the DNX408 V2, but i'll consider waiting for the DNX8 if it comes out within this year, otherwise i think i'll take the DNX408 V2.