Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi Starter Box Question >

Losi Starter Box Question

Losi Starter Box Question

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Losi Starter Box Question

Is there any way to mod a Losi starter box (not the universal one) to fit a RC8.2? I really want to use one starter box only for both vehicles. If not, what kind of starter boxes are there that will start both vehicles with no hassle? I've heard a lot of good things about the ofna box Thanks.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't talk from experience, but from what I've seen you can move the top positioning plates to fit another car. After all, most buggies have similar chassis shapes and sizes.

Again, I don't speak from experience, but I've heard only great things about the Blue OFNA Truggy Box. I've felt and seen them, and it's pretty heavy but that's just from the solid build quality and massive twin motors inside.

I think you'd be more than happy with it if you bought the Ofna box. However, try to move the top plates to fit your RC8.2. The only thing I can say is you'll have a hard time finding a plate configuration that will fit both vehicles without moving anything in between changes (i.e. you were running your losi, and then you can just plop on the RC8.2 without moving the plates, and vise versa)

Hope this helped.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HomicidalBunny View Post
I don't talk from experience, but from what I've seen you can move the top positioning plates to fit another car. After all, most buggies have similar chassis shapes and sizes.

Again, I don't speak from experience, but I've heard only great things about the Blue OFNA Truggy Box. I've felt and seen them, and it's pretty heavy but that's just from the solid build quality and massive twin motors inside.

I think you'd be more than happy with it if you bought the Ofna box. However, try to move the top plates to fit your RC8.2. The only thing I can say is you'll have a hard time finding a plate configuration that will fit both vehicles without moving anything in between changes (i.e. you were running your losi, and then you can just plop on the RC8.2 without moving the plates, and vise versa)

Hope this helped.
Yeah i see what you're saying, i should have fixed the wording on my question a little bit. But anyways, i'll try to move the top plates. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let me know how this turned out.

Originally Posted by I Wheelie A LOT View Post
Yeah i see what you're saying, i should have fixed the wording on my question a little bit. But anyways, i'll try to move the top plates. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ktacket1 View Post
Let me know how this turned out.
I owned that box that 550 motor does not work well for 1/8 scale.Get an ofna truggy box you will be very happy.I was ready to throw my buggy away using that box .that motor is weak. Save yourself the headach http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1727