Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Novarossi P5XLT head shimming. >

Novarossi P5XLT head shimming.

Novarossi P5XLT head shimming.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Novarossi P5XLT head shimming.

Looking at the exploded view it shows three shims. Two .30mm and one .20mm shims stacked witht he .20 between the two .30s. Is this the standard set up? I'm running 30% fuel and the last time I took the head off I noticed that I have lost the shims I guess.

How I noticed was that the car was runnig fine. I broke the rod end and got it replaced. After the replacement I idled one tank through with no problem. Once I got ready to run it, it was very rich. So rich that it didn't want to pull. A friend mentioned the timing could be off with the new rod. After a second disassembly I noticed the shims were gone. (I can only assume the kids found them and made miniture frisbies with them.)

So what should standard shiming be for the 30% fuel?

Thanks,
Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default Head shims

My novarossi btta calls for the same amount of shims. I run mine on 25% so I would think you could run 30% with no problems.