Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jato.. no Power.. video.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Jato.. no Power.. video.

As my Jato warms up it seems to lose power when I accelerate. The clutch and shoes look good and the slipper is fairly tight.. any ideas? Temps are good and I have a nice trail of blue smoke.

Both driveshafts spin fine.. when I spin spur both tires move. When I hold tires spur doesn't move freely. This all sounds like expected behavior.. at a loss. I had this issue even before the tire chains. Suppose I could toss the anacondas back on the rear and see of that helps.. but winter traction sucks.

Video is a bit old now but problem remains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqL671UJ46Q
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Watching the video it seems like you have slipping issue. Seems like your going to have to crank down the slipper even more in order to spin those big wheels.

Those big wheels are the heart of your issue. Too much mass to rotate. The load on your drivetrain is just too much. If you stick with 2.2" or what ever the standard sized tires on the Jato are, you will be much better off.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is the sound of a slipping clutch. If you look at the spur gear it is hardly moving and that takes you to the clutch. Put the 2.2s back on and see what it does. If it still has the issue it might be time for a new clutch and make sure you clean or replace the clutch bell to get all of the melted rubber out of it.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

classic slipping clutch sound...
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Thx guys.. I tightened down the slipper and then removed the talons and added back the 2.2 Anacondas.. all is well again.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

if it does it again check your little traction pads in your clutch a few of mine flew out and it would do that inconsistently