Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB One-R vs HB D812 >

RB One-R vs HB D812

RB One-R vs HB D812

Old 05-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RB One-R vs HB D812

I'm looking to get a new competition buggy kit and I am stuck between these two Buggys. What are everyone's thoughts?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

HB
Old 05-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hot Bodies have the driver and presumably the development, though I hear parts support can be lacking in their products? That said the designer of the D413 seems a good guy who helps people on here.

RB have a team in Europe, and of course the engine business, and now RBUSA...but less known drivers running the car for setups etc.

I am biased as I just chose RB myself, but I would suggest if you like being different to RB, otherwise you will probably do fine with either!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I am a fan of RB and yeah I notice RB doesn't make a big statement in USA for drivers, I have an RB engine and love it, I'm just worried on setting it up since I don't see to many people running them
Old 05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Do you want one of if not possibly the best, strongest most indistructible, most easy to drive fast with, and competitive buggies on the market today, or do you want to buy an RB hardly anyone's ever heard of?

I can't understand how this is even a tough choice.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
Do you want one of if not possibly the best, strongest most indistructible, most easy to drive fast with, and competitive buggies on the market today, or do you want to buy an RB hardly anyone's ever heard of?

I can't understand how this is even a tough choice.
+1
I to am one of those people that performance 1st but also I have to like the way a car looks as well!! To compare these 2............ I think you like the way the RB looks but you like the way the D812 performs!! this shouldn't be that hard
Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Rookie

I wouldn't say RB is something nobody's heard of, they make awesome products and make a strong statement over seas, curious how well they would do if more people in the USA got their hands on one.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Well just look at Neobuggy, I don't think anyone inside the top 60 ran an RB buggy.. but guess what the winner drove.
http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/04/21/t...minates-neo14/

It just sounds a little bit like you want us to tell you the RB buggy can be just as good and all that yadayada, but it's probably just not as good.

I've got nothing against RB engines, they're excellent.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm not set on RB I just think it's better than your making it sound, I have never drove one so I could be wrong, I'll more than likely get the HB
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running and RB One R for about a month now and love it! I switched from a Losi cause it just didn't fit my driving style. With the RB, I am able to drive it much harder, turn faster laps, and stay more consistent.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Well just look at Neobuggy, I don't think anyone inside the top 60 ran an RB buggy.. but guess what the winner drove.
http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/04/21/t...minates-neo14/

It just sounds a little bit like you want us to tell you the RB buggy can be just as good and all that yadayada, but it's probably just not as good.

I've got nothing against RB engines, they're excellent.
I was at Neo, there was only one RB running and it was in something like the 1/4 finals with a none-name driver (not to say a bad driver, but not the Reckward brothers who I think are their no 1 guys)...

...Look, my guess is the that the RB is not currently as quick as the HB Ty is running, though really we don't know (like we don't know about Sworkz until Hara has a couple months on it)... But is Ty running a D812, or is he running how own creation? Who is doing well with a std D812?

That said, to the op, of you want guaranteed performance, go HB. If you want something different that the people running seem to think is good and that a none name driver can land in the 1:4 of Neo, go RB.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
But is Ty running a D812, or is he running how own creation? Who is doing well with a std D812?
1. He runs it pretty much box stock aside from centre dogbones
2. Everyone running D812 do allright, and all agree they made the right choice, I never seen anyone regret it.

No need to suggest that it isn't the same, because it is, you can buy a D812 right out of the box and go race the same as him.

What isn't in the box, that I run on my car:
Mugen air filter
17 tooth clutch bell
optional thinner sway bars

Buy d812.. build.. go race.. no problem.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

1. He runs it pretty much box stock aside from centre dogbones
2. Everyone running D812 do allright, and all agree they made the right choice, I never seen anyone regret it.

No need to suggest that it isn't the same, because it is, you can buy a D812 right out of the box and go race the same as him.

What isn't in the box, that I run on my car:
Mugen air filter
17 tooth clutch bell
optional thinner sway bars

Buy d812.. build.. go race.. no problem.
If it's the same it's the same, I guess I am surprised that someone as well known for his modifications as Tessman is running exactly the same kit that came out in December 2012, but if he is great!

As for other drivers though, it's you who decided that only top 60 at Neo counts, not me. You can't then just say other people like it, as other people like the RB too.

Personally I think what normal drivers like counts, but in that case both cars are probably ok...it's not me denigrating either one.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Whoever started this thread, just pick the one that's easiest on the eye........there are many good cars out there with no recognition! Ty is one of the best.......period RB is prob just as good but with no drivers! Rekwards are old! U could give them anything n they wouldn't be able to make a Amain with this crop of kids now!! Pick one if u don't like it, sale n get the other one, we've all done it!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

I find a little bit funny that people judge a car's performance by a specific race result or result's... As most people know top drivers can win races with pretty much any leading buggy..

The RB buggy actually is Euros B champion, so the car must be fine!
Anyway if judging from European results point of view, the D812 is not a top car, and apart from Tessman who get's top results at top events???

My advice is get the car who's support and parts is best..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.