Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB One-R vs HB D812 >

RB One-R vs HB D812

RB One-R vs HB D812

Old 05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its like everything in life: practice practice practice! Every driver needs practice if they get a new car because they were probably used to the old one. The habits and muscle memory have to go away and bring in new habits for each specific car. The RB car seems to have amazing quality and the HB car aswell, this is just becoming a fanboys battle. You will never decide between 2 equally good cars unless they are being driven by the same driver, and even then the driver may prefer one driving style to the other and that may alter lap times. As it was said before RB doesnt have any major drivers and the car is pretty much brand new, if you do wanna keep the argument that mugen,xray,losi, etc etc have many team drivers its because they have been racing top of the line cars for quite some time and have gathered what they think are the best drivers out there, RB is just a newcomer(they havent made a competitive car in some time) in that respect so its normal that they have less team drivers and that the team drivers that they have are still getting used to the car itself. The HB d812 is a good proven car for sure, but many brands have good cars and they dont get as much impact (serpent for example) as some of the well known brands and due to the lack of advertising or experience many people stay away from what may be a championship winning car. Only time will tell if the RB car will be winning anything or not... but for now the d812 seems to be all the rage.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bazungas
The RB car seems to have amazing quality and the HB car aswell, this is just becoming a fanboys battle. You will never decide between 2 equally good cars

That's just rubbish, this isn't a fanboys battle, this is a discussion where group A say the HB D812 is cleary way better and anyone even remotely suggesting the RB is as competitive are deluded, and group B claim "oh these are two equally good cars, in fact all cars are born equally good". I've got news for you, this isn't racism or inequality, this isn't Rosa Parks in the back of the bus, this is a realistic evaluation of which car is better. And it's plain for all to see that the D812 is lightyears ahead of the RB car, anyone who thinks the RB car is "as good", are deluded.

IMHO the RB car is down there with the Durango in terms of not being completely developed yet and not performing out of the box.
Meanwhile the D812 is up there with the MP9 and MBX7, and finished 2nd and 3rd at the last world championships, and winner at Neobuggy.
All this "all cars are equal, it's borderline racism to say one isn't as good" is just getting out of hand. Let's be realistic about this stuff, it's actually just products, they're not humans these little plastic kits.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

More obnoxious fanboyism...
Old 05-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

If all cars are equal, why not just run a Duratrax? Why waste all that money buying "competition" cars and engines?
Old 05-30-2014, 03:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
More obnoxious fanboyism...
+1
Old 05-30-2014, 04:03 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eivind E... how long have you been in this hobby? are you like 8 years old? are you bipolar? are you from this earth?
Old 05-30-2014, 04:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by D8
Eivind E... how long have you been in this hobby? are you like 8 years old? are you bipolar? are you from this earth?
LMAO
Old 05-30-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Fact of the matter remains that you can't argue against the fact that the RB car is nowhere near top level - while the D812 clearly is, hence you resort to this kind of personal namecalling rubbish.
You obviously didn't know what you were talking about when you said they didn't have a "big name driver", as they clearly do. 3x euro champion and 1x world champion, that's a BIG name driver. Simple as that.

Last edited by Eivind E; 05-30-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eivind E
That's just rubbish, this isn't a fanboys battle, this is a discussion where group A say the HB D812 is cleary way better and anyone even remotely suggesting the RB is as competitive are deluded, and group B claim "oh these are two equally good cars, in fact all cars are born equally good". I've got news for you, this isn't racism or inequality, this isn't Rosa Parks in the back of the bus, this is a realistic evaluation of which car is better. And it's plain for all to see that the D812 is lightyears ahead of the RB car, anyone who thinks the RB car is "as good", are deluded.

IMHO the RB car is down there with the Durango in terms of not being completely developed yet and not performing out of the box.
Meanwhile the D812 is up there with the MP9 and MBX7, and finished 2nd and 3rd at the last world championships, and winner at Neobuggy.
All this "all cars are equal, it's borderline racism to say one isn't as good" is just getting out of hand. Let's be realistic about this stuff, it's actually just products, they're not humans these little plastic kits.

Haha ha this guy is funny! How dare u mention
The hb d812 in same breath as the mp9

The rb cars fit finish and quality of parts looks
Much better then the cheap parts the d812 use..

Think this guy is on something
Old 05-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tate13
The rb cars fit finish and quality of parts looks
Much better then the cheap parts the d812 use..
Yes, how things look - surely that is more important than how they actually work..
Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FWIW, I am no top driver by any means, but I switched from the Losi 8ight 3.0 to the RB One R V2. Even without any time on the car or any setup changes, I was running anywhere from .3-.4 sec/lap faster at our local small indoor track. I could drive the car much harder and much more consistent. I'm not saying the Losi isn't an incredible car. It's just that the RB suits my driving style better. This thing is very capable and the more I mess with it and work on the setup, the more I like it. It has it's little "quirks" if you will, just as any other kit out there. Once you get used to them and figure out how everything needs to be, it's a fine machine! I will be running it in the sportsman class next week at AMS. Feel free to come check it out. I will be glad to go over it and my thoughts about it with anybody interested.

All ready for action:
Old 05-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eivind E

Thats just because everyone tested and reviewed the d812 by now and the d8 was a proven platform, the RB car is just a new car on the market, no one knows how it will perform under the hands of a big name driver.
Not saying the d812 isnt an amazing car, but if you didnt even try the RB one you cant say anything about it. Everyone has a different style of driving. And the raze may not be a bad car, but i wasnt saying all cars are the same, you're just talking about an unproven platform and saying bad things about it already just because it isnt getting as much attention as a big name brand like HB.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eivind E... you have a lot to learn about this hobby!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fbrk8r
FWIW, I am no top driver by any means, but I switched from the Losi 8ight 3.0 to the RB One R V2. Even without any time on the car or any setup changes, I was running anywhere from .3-.4 sec/lap faster at our local small indoor track. I could drive the car much harder and much more consistent. I'm not saying the Losi isn't an incredible car. It's just that the RB suits my driving style better. This thing is very capable and the more I mess with it and work on the setup, the more I like it. It has it's little "quirks" if you will, just as any other kit out there. Once you get used to them and figure out how everything needs to be, it's a fine machine! I will be running it in the sportsman class next week at AMS. Feel free to come check it out. I will be glad to go over it and my thoughts about it with anybody interested.

All ready for action:
Looks good!

Glad u like it good luck bro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.