Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi 8 metal servo saver, worth it? >

losi 8 metal servo saver, worth it?

losi 8 metal servo saver, worth it?

Old 05-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default losi 8 metal servo saver, worth it?

Hi everybody just building my 8ight 3.0 up and I saw it comes with the plastic steering servo saver top , now in my truggy I've got the metal one but I asked my lhs owner and he said I don't need it but I'm just trying to gauge what everybody else uses?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Hi everybody just building my 8ight 3.0 up and I saw it comes with the plastic steering servo saver top , now in my truggy I've got the metal one but I asked my lhs owner and he said I don't need it but I'm just trying to gauge what everybody else uses?

Thanks
I use it in both of mine. Fwiw, the plastic will work if you just change it out as it gets worn. You can put the aluminum one in and run it for a very long time.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossman View Post

Thanks
In 8 years running the buggy, I have only broken 1 servo saver arm. I run my saver pretty tight too, so I will say it is nice but not needed. Truck on the other hand..... Seen brand new ones break after a slightly awkward eyeball but doesn't hurt the confidence if you want to put one in.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok cheers I'll try it and see how I get on , probably upgrade it later on as it's what all of my losi cars have had since I've bought them.

Cheers
Old 05-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Rossman, I think that the part is very necessary. I am not a beginner level driver, my buggy is on its wheels probably 95% of the time. I have managed to break a few of the plastic servo saver tops. You may be lucky and never break the plastic piece, but why chance it? I put on the aluminum upgrade and now its not a worry.