Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
general rc buggy nitro question >

general rc buggy nitro question

general rc buggy nitro question

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default general rc buggy nitro question

Hi just want to ask couple not big questions first i have kyosho mp777 wc,
Is it a good idea to put diff oil front 7000, center 10000, rear 5000w, ???
Second after i broke in my engin the car is in oil , i want to take all electronics and engine,fuel tank and get a power wash and wash it????

What oil weight do you recomend , i drive mainly on road , off road flat dirt track.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You can wash it with a power washer but dry it well with an air compressor and spray WD-40 into the bearings so they don't rust from trapped water. Your diff oils are just fine for what you are using the car for.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

I would just get a couple cans of nitro clean and go from there. Way too much risk of damage from water in trapped spaces from a high pressure blast. When doing a thorough cleaning (like end of the season) it's easy enough to pull the motor, fuel tank and receiver box then go to town cleaning it up. Clean the engine separately then put it on the shelf for the winter.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tug Driver View Post
I would just get a couple cans of nitro clean and go from there. Way too much risk of damage from water in trapped spaces from a high pressure blast. When doing a thorough cleaning (like end of the season) it's easy enough to pull the motor, fuel tank and receiver box then go to town cleaning it up. Clean the engine separately then put it on the shelf for the winter.
+1
Old 05-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First that diff oil setup will work just fine as a baseline setup. Second, use brake cleaner or nitro cleaner to remove any oil from the chassis instead of pressure washing. Compressed air is also great for cleaning.