8t 3.0 shocks

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 8t 3.0 shocks

Hello all,

I have found that our builder does not offer and does not plan to offer the shocks for the "new and up to date" truggy in a kit form. They do offer and sell the tlr243022 kit of two rear shocks for the 8B 3.0 that are the same for the front of the T.

I damaged a rear shock and I have to piece the shock together with separate parts, which is ok, but by the time I order all the parts to repair 1, I have just about all the parts to build all 4.

I contacted them by email and the sales rep told me to just add another 178$ and buy another 8t kit!!!!!!
I know that I'm gonna get kicked for this post but oh we'll, I'm just warning others that this should not happen after buying a 600$ car.

Has anyone else had any problems with parts being avail??

Last edited by 05srtd; 05-20-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I get your point but I get their point too. My buses is they want to make the decision to buy a 3.0 kit vs. upgrading a 2.0 a no brainer decision. Maybe they should come up with a better solution for a customer who already made the switch. But, having all those extra parts is not the worst thing either.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne View Post
I get your point but I get their point too. My buses is they want to make the decision to buy a 3.0 kit vs. upgrading a 2.0 a no brainer decision. Maybe they should come up with a better solution for a customer who already made the switch. But, having all those extra parts is not the worst thing either.
I absolutely agree, however that throws the idea of being able to buy 8b 3.0 sets in kits. Both front and back can be purchased for 59.99 thru them or as low as 43$ brand nee on fleabay.

Believe me i love having extra parts, my so is about to shoot me for buying extras like I do. Thanks
Old 05-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems all new or updated versions of any kit has some parts that are not yet made as spares. On times as such, there is a site called ebay, lots of parts and rear shocks should only run you about 50 bucks.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Confused - why not just replace the part you need.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token View Post
Confused - why not just replace the part you need.
It damaged pretty much the entire shock, and after replacing all the parts to build one shock it cost nearly 100$.
My point was why offer shocks in sets for the front but not the rear? The front shocks come 2 in a set and all parts needed to build 2 entire shocks for 60$. Along with the sales rep told me to just buy another truck!!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 05srtd View Post
It damaged pretty much the entire shock, and after replacing all the parts to build one shock it cost nearly 100$.
My point was why offer shocks in sets for the front but not the rear? The front shocks come 2 in a set and all parts needed to build 2 entire shocks for 60$. Along with the sales rep told me to just buy another truck!!
I think maybe the truck is not as popular as the buggy. Truck class has shrunk quite a bit over the last 2 years. I pay for my stuff too, and I did spend the $100 or what ever for a set of replacement shocks. I've been driving these trucks for a while now and cant imagine how you would completely destroy a whole rear shock. I've bent shafts, but that's it. I'm not sure about another truck as they are like $600 bucks. So if they are offering you a new kit at $278.00 get it. Ill buy it from you..

Last edited by token; 05-22-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne View Post
Funny you say this as that is basically what I did with my 2.0-T. Ended up buying a full set of shocks off ebay with mounting hardware for about $100 as they were hard to find separately.