Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Trackmoist dust suppressant >

Trackmoist dust suppressant

Trackmoist dust suppressant

Old 05-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Trackmoist dust suppressant

I've been reading about this product on various motorsports forums has anyone tried this stuff on a RC track? How does it compare to calcium chloride or sugar/water mix?

http://www.trackmoist.com/

Last edited by nv529; 05-19-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
I've been reading about this product on various motorsports forums has anyone tried this stuff on a RC track? How does it compare to calcium chloride or sugar/water mix?

http://www.trackmoist.com/
And if you've used it how do you apply it? I've been looking at it as well. But kind find any information on how it is applied and it what quantity.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That stuff works for tracks with bad dirt. Meaning little clay. Did you build a track Nick? You can get samples of it in toledo.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how would it work on near pure clay ?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

..or, clay with high sand content.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Local track I race at regularly had a horrible dust problem and decided to give trackmoist a try this past weekend. To give you an idea, prior to this past weekend, at the end of the day, you were cleaning red dust off of everything in your pit area, and your car (I mean your transportation) would be covered with the stuff too... and hard to clean.

He added 6 oz. of Trackmoist to 1000 gallons of water, sprayed the track the night before the race. Total difference. Stuff wasn't covered, buggy was still dusty (it is offroad), but not nearly to the levels it was in the past... a paint brush was all that was needed to clean the buggy up.

I highly recommend the stuff if you have a dusty track.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does it change the surface performance wise or tire wear?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
Local track I race at regularly had a horrible dust problem and decided to give trackmoist a try this past weekend. To give you an idea, prior to this past weekend, at the end of the day, you were cleaning red dust off of everything in your pit area, and your car (I mean your transportation) would be covered with the stuff too... and hard to clean.

He added 6 oz. of Trackmoist to 1000 gallons of water, sprayed the track the night before the race. Total difference. Stuff wasn't covered, buggy was still dusty (it is offroad), but not nearly to the levels it was in the past... a paint brush was all that was needed to clean the buggy up.

Just what I was wanting to know.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption View Post

+1
Could not believe the difference this weekend at that local track.
Stuff works period.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
+1
Could not believe the difference this weekend at that local track.
Stuff works period.
Great to know but how did it affect the surface and the tires?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Curious on the product myself. Will try it out on my track soon.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne View Post
Great to know but how did it affect the surface and the tires?
Surface felt more tacky (more grip).
Less runup and still make the jump with the extra grip and was making the triples with more ease now.
I felt less tire wear than normal and actually ran a set of soft enduros on my ebuggy with a different result than the last time I ran enduros on it.
The last time I had bald spots where the tires locked up from braking in just 1 round on this same track which is usually so abrasive.
I thought for sure I was going to regret running those tires... but that wasn't the case this time.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

sounds like this is what my track is looking for. less dust, more grip but less tire wear? how often do you repeat the treatment? night before every race day? once a month? how lond does it last? and what about track wear, does in hold the track together better?

thanks guys, trying to talk the track into trying this stuff....
Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

we tried a similar product on our track.

They are a polymer agent that glue the smaller particles together in turn reducing the dust.

There's a few things you need to get right.

It has to be mixed into the tank really well for it to spread properly.
If you leave it in the tank it will separate and form a film on top of the water.
It will work best if you rotary hoe the surface breaking up the big clumps, spray it in and then roll the track.
Its reactivated by water. So dont use it during the race day, use clean water instead as re applying it will cause the trck to take a lot longer to dry before its raceable again.

Its broken down by sun light, so you have to keep doing it.
When you stop using it will be dustier and the surface will break up worse than before.

We dont use it anymore. We weren't using it surpress dust. We were using it to keep the surface together. When we stopped the soils natural ability to bind together was gone and the track fell apart. It took a few months for the soil to build up its binding ability again.
When using it the track became very greasy to race on during the night and wouldn't dry at all making for a muddy nights racing.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

It can't be sprayed on with a garden hose? Mixed with a fertilizer sprayer or something?

Track has no tank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.