Xray XB8- HB812

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray XB8- HB812

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

from what I've seen the xb8 is a excellent choice when they sort through the few small issues with things breaking.

i personally have the d812 and love it.

There is defiantly quite a price difference - also depending on your budget could help.

Flip a coin , can't go wrong with either
Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

there are no issues with breaking, you see 10 posts in rc-tech "i broke this, i broke that" and now you made a decision...
i know drivers out there, they will break every single car no matter which brand and they will post it everywhere asap with 10 pics of it etc..

example:
10.000.000 sold vw golf > 30 blown engines > no issues
100 sold ferrari > 10 blown engines > big issues
Old 05-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gt racing
there are no issues with breaking, you see 10 posts in rc-tech "i broke this, i broke that" and now you made a decision...
i know drivers out there, they will break every single car no matter which brand and they will post it everywhere asap with 10 pics of it etc..

example:
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wasn't trying to bash or go in on xray, i was actually really close to buying one, but when people say things like "xray n HB shouldn't be in the same sentence.........you're right they actually shouldn't!! HB has won a WORLDS n podiumed n started on pole at every WORLDS sence, n won the indoor WORLDS (neo14) n every other race in between! Check results before u speak nonsense like that.........

Last edited by 1evo RRR Driver; 05-14-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=example:
100 sold ferrari > 10 blown engines > big issues[/QUOTE]

.. that must be more golf/polo TSI engines gonne in smoke, say a few 1000's

Last edited by speedy2; 05-14-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I wasn't trying to bash or go in on xray, i was actually really close to buying one, but when people say things like "xray n HB shouldn't be in the same sentence.........you're right they actually shouldn't!! HB has won a WORLDS n podiumed n started on pole at every WORLDS sence, n won the indoor WORLDS (neo14) n every other race in between! Check results before u speak nonsense like that.........
i didnīt say that. i know all top manuf. cars are capable of winning major races.

AND that IS the point:
60 min. mains like the worlds are won by a hell of a driver, pit crew & mechanic, not by cars.

hb812 & xb8 very different cars, both top-level. thats why i always say: beginners go to your local club and start with a car thats most supported in your area.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i didnīt say that. i know all top manuf. cars are capable of winning major races.

AND that IS the point:
60 min. mains like the worlds are won by a hell of a driver, pit crew & mechanic, not by cars.

hb812 & xb8 very different cars, both top-level. thats why i always say: beginners go to your local club and start with a car thats most supported in your area.
Amen. And most of us cant drive on that level so it comes down to what can get you thru a main. I bet if you take an Xray and have a head on collision with the HB, i bet the Xray will drive away and the HB wont. I honestly like both, as i was going thru this same choice, but it came down to spend and extra 75 to 100 bucks and get a car that does not wear out the entire season of racing, or spend a little less knowing i will have to renew parts every so often.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I say you should consider what's being run at your local track. I have went out on a ledge and tried something different before and it worked out driving wise. But once I broke something and nobody else had a spare part I was packing up and heading to the house. I have always wanted to try an XRAY but not a single person runs them in my area. Nor does anybody run a D812. They both look like great cars but I say you should really lean towards what some of your buddies are running. It makes things a lot easier trust me.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

AND that IS the point:

Gt i didn't say you said it ......but u made a comment when i replied to the person that said it.....here we go again that its never the car, n "they can drive anything" no they can't, against us yeah, against each other NO! For instance, if it has nothing to do with "the car" what happened to Savoya when he ran Durango? Never made a A......but Lutz won many times with the same car! What happen to savoya as soon as he switched to XRAY, instantly back to winning races, Does that mean XRAY IS BETTER THAN DURANGO? NO (cause the XB9) actually wasn't !! What it meant was bottom line the car didn't suit him........they all can't drive anything!! I wouldn't say KYOSHO won all there worlds with always having the best driver n crew............car plays a HUGE part in that!

Last edited by 1evo RRR Driver; 05-14-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

example:
Gt if these numbers were true ^ that would be a MAJOR problem! 10% of cars you make blow engines!!!! Imagine how many engines that would be if 10.000.000 Ferrari
Old 05-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
No the fact that it took all these years with all they're "state of the art" equipment n still not at the top is what makes xray look bad........honestly what have they won in the states!!! What have they won in Asia!! Ha they win when 80% of the field is running xray........please u sound like one of them who think the more it cost the better it must be, Durango proved that theory wrong
Wrong, I don't think "the more it cost the better". I think Xray and Kyosho have their head up their ***. As you said, they should be winning all day. IDK what my first race kit might be, but it won't be those two.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
XB8: $689
D812: $519
Both prices from AM..
Leaves you $170 to play with. Keep in mind you can get the Lutz WE engine for like $250, I can't see the sense in buying the Xray, when you get a better car for less money if you buy the D812.

D812 can be purchased for around $450-480 with towerhobbies discount codes.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Anyone that has owned a X-ray or built a X-ray knows where the extra $$ went. Thats not knocking the HB car at all. It is personal preference and nothing more.
The bench racing on here is very entertaining...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

you can't lose. Just buy one a race. Lol. I had the D812 and now own the Xb8.

D812 super cool car. Fast and easy to drive. Comes with all the bells and whistles. Priced right and durable.

Xb8 2014 is what they say. It's a luxury buggy. I know it sounds weird. But if you ever buy a brand new Xray. Sit down and build the kit you will get it. Even at about 100 bucks more it's still a great value. Only car in my opinion in quality not handling is the Serpent. They really nailed it with the new car. I had the Xb9 and didn't like it. I Love the new one!!!

Wild card..... JQ WE.

I think I built 7 brand new kits this year. Results are always the same. So whatever one you think is cooler go with that.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Russ G.
Wild card..... JQ WE.
Or Tekno NB48.

Let's make another one "I love my car" thread!

upd: and few words about "local support": you have big online shops and very fast delivery. I'm pretty sure that for most of drivers it would be enough to have most wanted spares in a box and be able to receive missing items before next weekend/racedays. Of course i can be wrong, and situation is different, but i live in area where is no local support for racing kits at all (and fastest shipping from amain comes in 7-8 days), and i'm wondering why someone should stick with certain brand (even if its not best fit brand for this driver) just because many local guys race it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.