Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kit and motor help >

Kit and motor help

Kit and motor help

Old 05-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Cool Kit and motor help

Hey guys I will be buying a nitro 1/8 scale very soon for xmas this year to get ready for next season. The 2 main kits I was looking at where the TLR 8ight 3.0 and the Mugen MBX7, Motor wise its either REDS or OS. For some reasson everyone says OS motors lose the pinch really quickly...IDK??? Besides that I am good Radio wise I'm going to hook it up to my new 4pls and probably buy a temp sensor for it. tires and body will be all proline a servos will be Savox. But I need help choosing a kit and motor I have driven both and I love them but I can't decide on one???

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can't help with the engine but say something about kit choice. Losi 3.0 and mbx7 are both great kits but have different handling characteristics. Most guys love mbx7 but I used it for three months and never make it work for my driving style. On the other hand I was very comfortable with losi 3.0 . You have to try them before buying to make your own decision. Both are durable and fast but keep in mind losi 3.0 wears out much quicker than mugen and needs more maintenance that is why I sold it
Old 05-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Mugen MBX-7 and Red's would be my choice. Unless you buy a OS Speed I would avoid a OS. The DLC coating makes a big difference. The Red's will outlast a OS from my experience.

I have had many Mugens/Kyosho/AE and they all required the same maintenance. If you want things to work right it and want it to last. It takes work. A well maintained buggy is your friend.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default lol

o.s is the best for me easy tune parts and everything and its the worlds champion lol
Old 05-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

For the kit, get the one you can find parts easily.

For engine, OS break in very fast but still last very long time after that. Now I'm trying out Alpha and it require a lot longer break in time, will see if it last long the same as OS else I'll switch back to OS.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by meis View Post
For the kit, get the one you can find parts easily.

For engine, OS break in very fast but still last very long time after that. Now I'm trying out Alpha and it require a lot longer break in time, will see if it last long the same as OS else I'll switch back to OS.
thank let us know your experience with the alpha is the lutz version ? heard the world have stronger sleeve
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Initiate

dont waste ur time with the losi. just get the mugen and either motor you will be more than happy with
Old 05-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexzone007 View Post
thank let us know your experience with the alpha is the lutz version ? heard the world have stronger sleeve
It's the A852 silver head. Doesn't have time to break it in properly before the race, gonna check what effect that might make. However, I like the engine so far.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by meis View Post
It's the A852 silver head. Doesn't have time to break it in properly before the race, gonna check what effect that might make. However, I like the engine so far.
nice good luck with the engine the alpha lutz looks good