Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Preferred engines that work well with Werks 2058 pipe >

Preferred engines that work well with Werks 2058 pipe

Preferred engines that work well with Werks 2058 pipe

Old 05-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Preferred engines that work well with Werks 2058 pipe

I hear people talking about different pipes working better with certain engines. I currently have a Werks 2058 paired to a Werks B2 engine. Everything has worked fine but I am looking to try different engines but continue to use my Werks 2058 pipe.

My question is how do you know what pipes work best with what engines. I figure that the best is to pair same company engines and pipes together, but that can get expensive. I was looking to try Novarossi or O.S. engine and I would prefer not to spend over $300.

Any help with this would be much appreciated
Old 05-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

nova rossi p5 works very good with the pipe
Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Since you are used to the Werks, bet a b6
Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Almost everything works with this pipe...it really is one of those have to have all rounders you should have in your box. Ive also used it on the O.S, Werks and Novas. it offers good power and runtime they sound nice too ;-) get a O.S or nova...it will work perfectly with them...especially the O.S's.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ALmost all Novarossi engines run great with the 2058 pipe. Plus 4, P5, keep off (same as plus 4) or any fusion X engine are great choices.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

my nephew just bought a o.s xz-b v2 and put his 2058 pipe on it. good power , good run time. good times.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome thank you guys for the insight.

To add on this, I notice my header has started to warp a bit. Someone suggested heating it up and bending it back but that makes me a little nervous. Especially since I can't seem to find any place that sells specific Werks headers, gaskets and springs. Does anyone know of a place to purchase these items besides eBay? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to bend back the header without doing damage. Thanks for the help and suggestions
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kotton23 View Post

To add on this, I notice my header has started to warp a bit. Someone suggested heating it up and bending it back but that makes me a little nervous. Especially since I can't seem to find any place that sells specific Werks headers, gaskets and springs. Does anyone know of a place to purchase these items besides eBay? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to bend back the header without doing damage. Thanks for the help and suggestions
Bending back is simple. Heat with heat gun, place a Philips inside and bend it back. Caution hot!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

another simple way bend a header is to put the curved handle of a set of needlenose pliers or small sidecutters in each end and gently bend it, heat isn't really needed.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

you dont HAVE to use the works header..when i still ran a mbx6 that is quite narrow, i used a O.S header and just drilled new 1mm holes so i could use it with the 4 spring setup on the werks pipe. im sure you can do something similar with with any other header?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

I run alpha engines and they are amazing on werks pipes. ..2058 and 57
Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I did this two times on a werks header... The first time, I heated it up with a heat gun and with two pieces of wood I was able to bend it back.
On the second time, I just forced it. Both was successfully!
If you are afraid to damage the header (bend too much), before you heat it, fill the header with sand. But this may become difficult, since you have to really compact the sand to prevent from bending.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

thats awesome this post came up. I run Werks 2058 on every engine I have had. P5, Clocked P5, Clocked RB Blast, Reds R5, Mugen Beat BT4, Clocked JL.21. Nova Plus4

I have yet to find an engine that doesn't run good on the 2058 pipe.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 295 (99%+)

I am very fond of the Werks B5 and B6.