Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
truggy tire compound >

truggy tire compound

truggy tire compound

Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default truggy tire compound

hi! if there is any other thread/posts on tire compounds,please direct me. otherwise,what does the tire compound mean for soft,medium soft,etc..? also,colors of inner compound? specifically for 1/8 nitro truggy dirt!? also,whats the best for dirt/clay mix? AKA,PRO-LINE,LOSI,ETC..? and what does offset mean? is that good or bad? do you run different in front then rear? is there a tire bible on here?????? LOL!!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoborder73 View Post
hi! if there is any other thread/posts on tire compounds,please direct me. otherwise,what does the tire compound mean for soft,medium soft,etc..? also,colors of inner compound? specifically for 1/8 nitro truggy dirt!? also,whats the best for dirt/clay mix? AKA,PRO-LINE,LOSI,ETC..? and what does offset mean? is that good or bad? do you run different in front then rear? is there a tire bible on here?????? LOL!!
Tires are just Choices. On my truck I prefer Proline. AKA and Jconcepts are top tier as well. This year, I will be primarily running Blockades all summer. I think the LHS here will carry more of the premounted AKA CityBlocks and Ibeams.

The inner foams are mostly standard. Each company have its feel.

Compound - the hotter the track temp the harder tire. I generally run Super Soft in the Spring, Med in the summer and Soft in the fall. Alot of guys run Soft all the time. Offset - TLR uses Standard
Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should try to limit the amount of threads you start in such a short period of time. You could group all of these questions into one thread rather than start 5 different threads. But tires I would recommend going to the track you plan to run on and ask what everyone is running. Cause we really don't know what the track you are running on is gonna be like.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
You should try to limit the amount of threads you start in such a short period of time. You could group all of these questions into one thread rather than start 5 different threads. But tires I would recommend going to the track you plan to run on and ask what everyone is running. Cause we really don't know what the track you are running on is gonna be like.
I know what tracks....