Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Red nuts for losi 8ight top shock mount nut? >

Red nuts for losi 8ight top shock mount nut?

Red nuts for losi 8ight top shock mount nut?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Red nuts for losi 8ight top shock mount nut?

Hi I am looking for some anodised red nuts for the small nut at the top of the shock(that holds the shock on).I have searched but cant find any and I am in the UK so everything is in metric.Sorry to have to make a thread about this but I really want some to finish off my build.Thanks for any info.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hello there.... check out www.fastener-express.com they have what you're looking for and ship worldwide
Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much for the link mate but in the manual it says the nuts are 5-40x1/4" but in that link the nearest they have is 4-40?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

oh yeah sorry bout that...i did put some of those on my steering knuckes which are the same as the ones holding the shocks though and they tightened up fine...so would think they will work there too....i think i have a couple left i'll try one on the shocks and see how it fits
Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

martin... tried it on the front shock and it worked perfect.....tightened up great...and when i pulled it off there was 0 aluminum so it did not damage the threads at all...so it must just be so close it doesn't matter...good to go
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Next-Level-Inc View Post
martin... tried it on the front shock and it worked perfect.....tightened up great...and when i pulled it off there was 0 aluminum so it did not damage the threads at all...so it must just be so close it doesn't matter...good to go
Thanks very much for that mate.If possible would it be possible to link me to the exact ones I need?If you could that would be great.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

haha i wish i could bud.... i only received a few of them along with some of the ones that hold the standoffs on..(which those are actually 4-40) and some screws with a lablel from that place on the pack....i would assume it is the 4-40 1/4" locknuts but i couldn't guarantee you...it would pretty much have to be that one i would think though...although there could be one in the metric section that fits it as well cause i know on my losi's the screw is really a 5/64" tip but a 2.0mm tip works great too...so it's possible a metric would work but i would go with the 4-40 1/4"
Old 04-22-2014, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks again mate.What I think I will do is order some 4-40 nuts from the UK and if they fit I will order the red ones from the link you gave.That way I will save on postage as in the UK I will get it free.