Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pit bag, starterbox, & buggy carrier >

Pit bag, starterbox, & buggy carrier

Pit bag, starterbox, & buggy carrier

Old 04-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pit bag, starterbox, & buggy carrier

Why is it so hard to find a solution for this. The only company I have found to offer something like this is Team C -
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71

I know they are out there. I have seen them around at the large events. My friend is using a normal tool bag from Home Depot that works the same way, but it is very heavy and larger than it needs to be - you also have to jimmy the fuel bottle in there somehow.
I just want my pit guy to only have to carry one thing. This bag that holds all tools/plugs/accessories/starter box/fuel/buggy is that too much to ask for ? =)

Any favorites out there? The Team C bag will take a while to get here. Just looking at options. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Comes complete with a cardboard box
Old 04-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Comes complete with a cardboard box
a cardboard box is more helpful than your reply.

Thank you though, I am sure you meant well.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 AM
Tech Lord

I wasn't flaming you. They will charge $75 for a nylon bag and a cardboard box. Unless you designed it, don't get offended
Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Tech Rookie

This is what I use. It holds everything you need
Attached Thumbnails Pit bag, starterbox, & buggy carrier-image.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

It didn't personally offend me. I was just hoping for helpful input. As for the functionality of the bag I don't think it's overpriced.

eljefe - thank you, I saw that option as well. I just want a more traditional tool bag, something I can store a lot of tools in / fuel gun / fuel bottle, whatever else I may need... Really appreciate it though! Honestly more curious in why no other company offers a product like this. Kind of silly. Someone jump on that right now please.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FSULowLap View Post
It didn't personally offend me. I was just hoping for helpful input. As for the functionality of the bag I don't think it's overpriced.

eljefe - thank you, I saw that option as well. I just want a more traditional tool bag, something I can store a lot of tools in / fuel gun / fuel bottle, whatever else I may need... Really appreciate it though! Honestly more curious in why no other company offers a product like this. Kind of silly. Someone jump on that right now please.
Just go to the hardware store and get a tool carry bag, thats what i did works great, cheap too.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

I don't understand your comment about comes complete with a cardboard box????
Old 04-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eljefe View Post
This is what I use. It holds everything you need
did you make that or does someone sell those?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
I don't understand your comment about comes complete with a cardboard box????
That was just me venting my frustrations on today's manufacturers. Just like the $200 roller bags we buy for racing you would think just one company could make the drawers or containers out of a sturdy plastic instead of that cheap crappy cardboard or flimsy foam core. If there is one thing RC manufacturers should have learned over all these years is that we are not afraid to pay for quality merchandise. It just really pisses me off that there is such crap on the market and we as consumers are stupid enough to pay top dollar for it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
That was just me venting my frustrations on today's manufacturers. Just like the $200 roller bags we buy for racing you would think just one company could make the drawers or containers out of a sturdy plastic instead of that cheap crappy cardboard or flimsy foam core. If there is one thing RC manufacturers should have learned over all these years is that we are not afraid to pay for quality merchandise. It just really pisses me off that there is such crap on the market and we as consumers are stupid enough to pay top dollar for it.
Agreed with this statement.

I don't understand either how $180 roller pit bags come with cheap plastic, or cardboard, drawers that you have to put together and hold together with 2-sided tape.

Certainly we deserve something better than this. I even looked at the Hudy bag thinking they would have improved on the industry norm. Nope. (Not knocking Hudy here, I do love most of their products, and appreciate the craftsmanship they bring to the table).

$180 can buy a lot - I don't think we're getting our $$ worth in the hauler bag department, though.

I don't want to just be a whiner. I believe there does exist a better solution to the current hauler bag....
Old 04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrdcDa4f-s

I ordered one of these off E-bay. Seems like the easiest way to transport your buggy/starter box to the pit. The down side is you'll still need a pit bag.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I make my pit guy carry my buggy and bump box.. Don't worry I return the favor and it cost us nothing.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I put everything in my Mugen pit bag...and carry my buggy. Sure it's not setup on the box and running when I carry it down there....but it's still pretty handy.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Over the years Ive seen a variety of carriers for this stuff. My goal when getting one was caring enough about others not to take up 4 pit spaces on pit lane. Some of these items are cool if you are at the track alone and have plenty of space. When you have larger tracks that run 15 drivers, pit space is limited.

With that said, I use a $19 Home Depot bag that carries everything needed for the pits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.