led lights

Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 PM

Default led lights

hello l want too install head lights n tail lights l got some leds l have scince found out l need to have a resistor or they wont larst long now does that mean a resistor for each led l know nothing about this and how do they run pm guessing on + wire anyway just thought ld arsk here thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

check out these kits, some run right off of the receiver

http://www.amain.com/index.php/cPath...rts-Light-Kits
Old 02-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

You are better off finding the correct section to post in, maybe the electronics section or something.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Green, red, yellow and orange LED's take 2v of voltage, White and blue LED's about 3.2 volt. All do take 20mA

The 2 volt LED's (using 6v or more) can be mounted by 2 in 1 line (serial) with one resistor and the white/blue LED's is better to give thm all there own resistor.

There are plenty of online calculators to calculate the resistor: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM

thanks to those who helped maybe try n help people ozzi n not just say post in electrics thanks to all people who have helped me on this PROBLEM and others l have had thanks again and to people who say post in proper place well GET A LIFE we all make mistakes my larst post on this forum
Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beakeyozz View Post
thanks to those who helped maybe try n help people ozzi n not just say post in electrics thanks to all people who have helped me on this PROBLEM and others l have had thanks again and to people who say post in proper place well GET A LIFE we all make mistakes my larst post on this forum
I was trying to help by telling you that the electronics section may be a better place to find you answer, not the nitro offroad section, I think thats the reason they have the different sections isn't it.