Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New nitro buggy >

New nitro buggy

New nitro buggy

Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New nitro buggy

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble on deciding on a new nitro buggy kit. I drive on a very large and smooth outdoor track. I am an aggressive driver but I prefer a car that has enough rear traction. I am considering all buggies. Any help would be great.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There all good! The first response will be which one is supported locally, the 2nd will be run what the rest of the fast field are running(to get good help) 3rd will be Fuc! It ......n run what u like.......honestly you can't go wrong bro kyosho, HB, Assoc, Mug, Ofna, Swerks, JQ, Losi, Agama........etc. there all top performers on oneday or another Rightnow TEKNO is having a prob with there tanks, but seems like a good one also n Durango seeme to have a prob with there whole car! Lol
Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I would suggest one of the following:
- HPI Trophy 3.5 RTR which is a great buggy that you can build up on and has a great set up as is, and heaps of upgrades available, and is well built to handle the bashing.
- Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR which is a bit better package then the trophy and comes with a starter box and a spectrum radio set, however it is double the price of the trophy and you can get a starter box and spectrum radio set for the trophy with the car for less then the losi, but the losi is a better car out of the box.
- Losi 8ight 3.0 kit, which is the latest kit and very impressive, but what such about kits is that they seem to cost more then the rtr buggies and you dont get a radio set,or an engine, but this kit has some pretty impressive features.

These were the ones i found to be a the best pick by my personal experience, I just purchased the Trophy 3.5 and right out of the box it blew me away with how it went, and have plans right now to upgrade it with some parts and there are plenty of parts to choose from. But that is just from my experience and knowledge.
Anothe good brand is thunder tiger, but I suggest you stick to HPI and Losi, it doesnt get better then those two companies, by the way, hot bodies and hpi are the same company, and hot bodies is the competition side of HPI.