Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Why is there not 1/10 2wd nitro buggy class??? >

Why is there not 1/10 2wd nitro buggy class???

Why is there not 1/10 2wd nitro buggy class???

Old 02-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Why is there not 1/10 2wd nitro buggy class???

I was fiddling with my cars yesterday and I started to think why is there no 2WD nitro class. It would be a cool class if they limited design to keep costs down and have it specifically for begineers. Limit like .12 engine 3 port with limit on port size and timing, 2WD, and simple radio setup (like say less then $50). Try to keep total cost less then $250 for people to jump in and learn with the 2wd chassis. Kind of like the RC10GT but buggy style.

I would think this would be attractive for both begineers and some of the older guys that have left the hobby. Also it would be appealing for parents that don't want to drop $500+ into a setup that their kids will play with a handful of times and leave it alone.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There isn't enough interest and thou it may be a few to get one, I don't believe the class would survive one race season... Companies want to make money... The R&D and money that it takes to make it happen is not worth the risk of creating that type of class...
Old 02-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They used to run 2wd nitro truck. But it died a while ago due to lack of interest..
You can probably find a second hand one if you are keen to try it..

The fact is, electric is just cheaper (well sometimes) and easier (maintenance wise). Particularly if you are just starting out.. Nitro for a beginner wouldn't be the best. You need to know how to tune then, maintain them and problem solve the engines. Electric is pretty well plug and go now.

Here is what losi were offering:

XXX-NT II Adam Drake Edition

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...Tab-_-LOSA0846