help savage xl

Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help savage xl

not getting fuel to carb the lines are clean filters clean muffler clean it is bought used but looks like it was barly ran like few hours put on it and than it sat for i don't know how long i was wondering if the pump might have seized or something

could it be a seized one way bearing

Last edited by sketchspark; 02-08-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sketchspark View Post
not getting fuel to carb the lines are clean filters clean muffler clean it is bought used but looks like it was barly ran like few hours put on it and than it sat for i don't know how long i was wondering if the pump might have seized or something

could it be a seized one way bearing
Well there could be a lot of things causing it not to crank. Make sure you have a good glow plug and your igniter is working. When you are starting the engine hold your finger over exhaust pipe to prime the engine to see if fuel in going to the carb. Make sure they are no holes in the fuel pressure line, (hose from exhaust pipe to fuel tank). Make sure your engine has good compression, if there is no compression it will never start. And old rule of thumbs is "fire,fuel, and compression it should start. Even if it looks new it wouldn't take long for someone to run the engine very hot and that would damage the engine. Take it to your local hobby shop, they could help you out. Let me know what you find.